POLL Xavier Lachlan Walter?

See the results of this poll: Pick one please.

Respondents: 26 (This poll is closed)

• Lachlan Xavier Walter: 10 (38%)
  • or: 1 (4%)
  • Xavier Lachlan Walter: 11 (42%)
  • or: 0 (0%)
  • Something else: 4 (15%)

[name]Hi[/name] there!

I don’t think [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Walter[/name] is too bad, in terms of the -er endings.

I much prefer the name [name]Lachlan[/name] to [name]Xavior[/name], although that’s just a matter of personal preference!

If your daughter loves [name]Xavier[/name], I wouldn’t let the ending concerns get in her way!
Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Walter[/name]! I have a similar last name to [name]Walter[/name], so I’ve thought about this a lot! It’s been hard disregarding all the -er ending first names, but [name]Xavier[/name] is one of the very, very few (maybe the only) that I think works.

P.S. In case she’s looking for suggestions:

Names like [name]Xavier[/name], without an -er ending:

[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Zeke[/name]
[name]Pax[/name]
[name]Paxton[/name]
[name]Alexi[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Braxton[/name]
[name]Dax[/name]
[name]Max[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Maximus[/name]
Mattox/[name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]/[name]Jaxon[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Josef[/name]
[name]Zoren[/name]
[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Kenzo[/name]
[name]Oz[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name]
Zacharaiah
[name]Zaccheus[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Franz[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Baz[/name]
[name]Boaz[/name]
[name]Azriel[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Dove[/name]

[name]Love[/name] your list, and believe it or not in our family we have a [name]Cruz[/name] and a [name]Blaise[/name].

[name]Lyndsay[/name] Thanks for your feedback, it helps a lot.

Ha, [name]Rollo[/name]!

I thought [name]Walter[/name] was a second middle name at first! I prefer [name]Lachlan[/name] as a name, and as a pair to [name]Walter[/name], personally. The flow of [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Walter[/name] doesn’t bother me too much, though, as long as [name]Xavier[/name] is in the middle. Granted, [name]Xavier[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] don’t really ‘rhyme,’ but I prefer [name]Lachlan[/name].

Your daughter might also like [name]Lorcan[/name], [name]Crispin[/name], [name]Lennon[/name], or [name]Finian[/name].

[name]Just[/name] to clarify, how is she pronouncing [name]Xavier[/name]? I say it with a ZAY-vee-er sound, but some say it with an X sound out front. As alternatives to [name]Xavier[/name], perhaps [name]Axel[/name], [name]Enzo[/name], [name]Emil[/name], [name]Ivan[/name], [name]Luca[/name], or [name]Soren[/name] could work!

Some combinations, other than [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Xavier[/name], could be:

[name]Finian[/name] [name]Luca[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Finian[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Walter[/name] - I love this!

[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Emil[/name] [name]Walter[/name]

[name]Crispin[/name] [name]Axel[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name] [name]Enzo[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name] [name]Luca[/name] [name]Walter[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

lemon they say [name]Xavier[/name] as Zay vi er. I love this pronunciation.

They had [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] picked out for the first bub. My daughter wanted [name]Xavier[/name] as the first name then but felt the ‘er’ factor was a problem, so that is why we are putting it out there for everyone to have their say.

It looks like most people think that [name]Lachlan[/name] would be the preferred first name. More votes would be appreciated, and if you have any comments if you voted ‘something else’.

I love [name]Xavier[/name] and [name]Lachlan[/name]. Although I do pronounce [name]Xavier[/name] X-ay-vee-er. (It’s the name of the school I attend and I’ve only ever heard it pronounced like this).

Either [name]Xavier[/name] or [name]Lachlan[/name] would be nice as a first but I voted for [name]Xavier[/name] because it is just such a cool name.

I prefer [name]Xavier[/name] over [name]Lachlan[/name]. [name]Reason[/name] being…aren’t you in Australia and [name]Lachlan[/name] is a super popular name there right now. But maybe your daughter doesn’t mind this:)

Wow, what a great surname - I love [name]Walter[/name]! [name]Lachlan[/name] is a favourite of ours, too - before we knew that the twins are girls, we were settled on [name]Lachlan[/name] and [name]Conall[/name] as middles.

I think [name]Xavier[/name] is a great name, as well as being a touch more unusual than [name]Lachlan[/name], and I think that if your daughter loves the name, she should not worry about the repeating endings. I doubt anyone other than a name fanatic would really notice, and amongst friends and family he will always be just [name]Xavier[/name], anyway.

Good luck to your daughter, [name]Rollo[/name]!

Oooh! Great names! I agree with [name]Lyndsay[/name] (at least I think it was [name]Lyndsay[/name]?) that for some reason, I really don’t notice the er endings with [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Walter[/name] the way I would some other er names. (I’m guessing it’s because [name]Xavier[/name] has more syllables than the last name.)

If popularity is an issue for her, [name]Xavier[/name] may be the better choice, but if she doesn’t mind popularity, [name]Lachlan[/name] is great, too.

I love both [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name] (I’ll vote for [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]), and I hope she chooses the name she loves more!

Take care! :slight_smile:

I love it, good job! flows beautifully together…

:slight_smile: