• Elodie Rose: 2 (5%)
  • Adelaide Josephine: 5 (12%)
  • Adelaide Marie: 3 (7%)
  • Adelaide Rose: 6 (14%)
  • Cecily Marie: 0 (0%)
  • Cecily Rose: 1 (2%)
  • Emmeline Josephine: 5 (12%)
  • Emmeline Rose: 12 (29%)

Since your last name rhymes with Goalie, I would steer away from names that end with the “ee” sound. I would also avoid names with a prominent long o sound or too much L On your list, [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] sound best imo.

I agree - [name]Emmeline[/name] or [name]Adelaide[/name] “Goalie” sound best. The repeating -ee ending might bother me a bit, personally, but I think that it might work as long as they don’t rhyme, which, in this case, they don’t. I definitely wouldn’t use a first and middle name ending in -ee with an -ee last name ([name]Elodie[/name] [name]Marie[/name] “Goalie”/[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Marie[/name] “Goalie”), though. From your list, I think that [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “Goalie” and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “Goalie” have the best flow and rhythm, since they the number of syllables are each different (3-2-1). In the end, my vote went to [name]Emmeline[/name]…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for voting, everyone!

Tough to decide between [name]Emmaline[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]. I love both!

Thanks! [name]Do[/name] you like the [name]Emmaline[/name] spelling best? We’re having a tough time deciding between [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Emeline[/name], and [name]Emmaline[/name] if we choose that name. My vote is [name]Emmeline[/name], but the husband is undecided.

My [name]Emeline[/name] has a cousin [name]Adelaide[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks! [name]Do[/name] you like the [name]Emmaline[/name] spelling best? We’re having a tough time deciding between [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Emeline[/name], and [name]Emmaline[/name] if we choose that name. My vote is [name]Emmeline[/name], but the husband is undecided.
I voted for [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. As for the spelling, I think it depends on how you want to pronounce it. When I see [name]Emmeline[/name], I think “[name]Emma[/name]+lean” but when I see [name]Emmaline[/name], I think “[name]Emma[/name]+line”. And then if you want to pronounce it “[name]Emma[/name]+[name]Lynne[/name]”, I’m not sure which spelling I’d use. It would be interesting to see how other’s pronounce the different spellings. I’d definitely test it out on people in your area and just show them the different spellings and see how most people pronounce them.