Poll

• Rowena
  • Cordelia

0 voters

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is lovely and has a beautiful meaning!!

1 Like

But I really like both about equally!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] because I like [name_u]Rue[/name_u] and [name_f]Ro[/name_f] as nicknames. [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is also nice but I don’t like the cord in [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].

2 Likes

I think I prefer [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] as a first. It comes off more original to me since [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] is such a popular pick for boys and girls so [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] seems so common sounding. But I voted for [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] in the poll because nn wise I prefer [name_f]Row[/name_f] to [name_m]Cor[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is a bit frilly for my taste, but [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] is magical and strong!

2 Likes

100% [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]

2 Likes

Wow, such a tough choice! Right now I think [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] wins out - it’s sweet and magical and underused.

1 Like

Thankyou for the comments! [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is winning in the poll by a significant margin but I think ultimately that’s crystallised that I prefer [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] like the many of the commenters. I adore its witchy vibe.

1 Like

Voted [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]!
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f] used to be my favorite until I found out it’s pronounced “Ro-wee-nuh”. I love the “Ro-when-uh” pronunciation though :pleading_face:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], and I want to like [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] but I just can’t get over the “ween” sound in the name, I just don’t find it very pleasant.

1 Like

[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] has the double n. Still pretty. I like the ugly cool of the strong e but I understand that the same reason I like it is the same reason others don’t.

1 Like

I totally get this. In fact the whole ‘wiener’ sound in it put me off for a long while.

1 Like

When I was a teenager I’d only ever seen the name written out and thought it was like [name_f]Helena[/name_f], so either [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] or Rowayna, and it was one of my favorite girls names until I finally heard someone say it out loud and realized just how wrong I was. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ha. It’s awful when you realize you’ve had something wrong all along and then it’s spoilt for you. I love [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] - but only when I pronounce it the way I like to and not correctly :joy:

1 Like