POLLS: Flow of Sasha Raphael? And favourite middle for Sasha?

As plenty of people know by now, my top name if I were ever to have another (surprise) boy is [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]. I love everything about it. [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] is here to stay :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For a long time, my go-to combo has been Sasha [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] “Winterfield”. (Winterfield is a stand-in surname). I really like [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], and I think the flow is perfect, both with [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] and with the surname.

Two other middles I love are Sasha [name_u]Florian[/name_u] and Sasha [name_m]Fabian[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is not as keen on these as me, mostly due to personal associations. We both really like the flow of these two as well.

The other name we both absolutely love for a middle is Raphael. It’s also my husband’s sister’s middle name, so would be an accidental (but welcome) honour name too. [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is probably objectively our favourite name of these four middle options (well, I adore [name_u]Florian[/name_u] too, but he is less keen). But it’s never quite made the top of my list of middles for [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] because I’m not too sure on the flow.

So Berries, help me out please!

Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] – yay or nay? Are the repetitive vowel sounds of SAshA RAphAel jarring, or am I overthinking?

• Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] “Winterfield” – YAY
  • Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] “Winterfield” – NAY

0 voters

And – ignoring what I’ve said about our preferences etc. etc. above – which of these is YOUR personal favourite middle for [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] “Winterfield”?

• Sasha [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] “Winterfield”
  • Sasha [name_u]Florian[/name_u] “Winterfield”
  • Sasha [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] “Winterfield”
  • Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] “Winterfield”

0 voters

Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Love [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] but not sure it fits with [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]

Love [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Florian[/name_u]

2 Likes

I say the a’s in the first syllables (sa and ra) in slightly different locations. The former is fronted more than the latter. So I actually think the name flows excellently.

1 Like

Since your husband doesn’t like [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] or [name_u]Florian[/name_u], I’d get rid of them. It’s a close tie between [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] for me, but I think [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] sounds so handsome! That’s the one I voted for :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you all! So good to get some outside perspectives.

We pronounce the A sound in SAsh and RAph exactly the same. I don’t think it sounds terrible, but perhaps a bit choppy. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] lots of you don’t seem to think so though!

My husband does really like the names [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] and [name_u]Florian[/name_u] in theory, it’s just the association with people he’s known with those names that puts him off a little. @MagnoliaE you’re probably right that I should let them go, but :sob:

1 Like

Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is charming. Bold and soft at the same time. I do really like [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] too

1 Like

Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] works! It doesn’t flow quite as well as [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] but I love the look of it a little more and it feels so strong yet gentle.
The second poll was so hard because I LOVE all four of those names! I chose [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] because I think it has the best flow but honestly any of them could be perfect.

1 Like

Sasha is so handsome for a boy! And, fwiw, I love it with your older children’s names, too. :slight_smile:

Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is a great combo! I think it flows well, and I like the names together. [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] is also fabulous and probably my favorite. But, then, classic [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] sounds so sweet with [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]… So hard to choose! :sweat_smile:
Overall, though, if you love [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] the most, it definitely works!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]! [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] is one of my favorite boys names and my middle of choice would [name_u]Sascha[/name_u] [name_m]Lev[/name_m] :heart:

1 Like

for some reason I feel like [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] looks more “right” with [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] but [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is beautiful!

1 Like

I get a little tongue-tied trying to say [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]. That said, I loooove [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], and [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] seems perfect to me!

1 Like

Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is fantastic, I just love it aesthetically, and I think I prefer [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] to [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], but I think [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] flows a little better. It’s kind of a perfect combination really.

Meanwhile, I taught a [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] at school yesterday (well, he’s an [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] who goes by [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]). I taught another [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] who went exclusively by [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]/Sash a few years ago too. It’s a great name!

2 Likes

Sasha [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is gorgeous! I also love [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Florian[/name_u].

1 Like

Argh, so hard to choose! [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is gorgeous. The repeated sound is something I would endlessly overthink myself, but in reality it isn’t a problem. I voted for [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] overall, but honestly I think they’re all great.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

Looks like [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is coming out on top, but with [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] not far behind. I do definitely think the flow of [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is better, and I love the name, but we definitely like [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] a little more in terms of the name itself.

Yep! Why do we do it? :weary:

Amazing! [name_f]My[/name_f] mum works with an older [name_m]Aleksandr[/name_m] “[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]”, totally love it. [name_m]Sash[/name_m] is awesome too :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is a little choppy, but nothing terrible! [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is so gorgeous though so I think you could definitely let it slide :wink:

While all of the options are lovely, my favourite has to be [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Florian[/name_u]! It really lends to the softness of [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] and has such a calming, gentle vibe.

1 Like

[quote=“[name_f]Gia[/name_f].berry, post:17, topic:350128”]
It really lends to the softness of Sasha and has such a calming, gentle vibe.
[/quote]

Yes, I love [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] too. I love soft, even flowery names for boys, and [name_u]Florian[/name_u] feels both sweet and distinguished to me. I’m keeping it on the list for sure!

1 Like

I absolutely love both [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] as names. I think [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is extremely underused, so that makes me lean that way because I’d love to see it more, but while I think the flow of [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is fine, the flow of [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is definitely better, if that makes sense. [name_u]Florian[/name_u] and [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] are both NMS, but I really think you couldn’t go wrong with the other two. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], btw, it’s on my boys’ list as a nickname for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

1 Like

Sasha [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] feels so you! I didn’t even notice the flow thing until you said anything. [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is lovely, but I honestly would’ve picked [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] for you out of all of them regardless. [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] would be my back-up choice. For some reason I just don’t love [name_u]Florian[/name_u] or [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] with [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] so much.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]! I didn’t notice anything repetitive until you mentioned it. [name_f]My[/name_f] second favourite is [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Florian[/name_u], I think it flows beautifully. Either would be fantastic. I would go for it should the opportunity ever present itself!

1 Like