Poppy and Bridget?

[name]Poppy[/name] is my number 1 girls name, and I fully intend to name my first daughter that. If I had another girl I was thinking about the name [name]Bridget[/name] nn [name]Bee[/name]. It’s not a spunky as [name]Poppy[/name], and more popular, but I like it and I think the nn [name]Bee[/name] adds to it. What do you think? Does [name]Bridget[/name] pale next to [name]Poppy[/name]?

If you like [name]Bee[/name] or [name]Bea[/name], I would go with [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]. It fits way better with the spunk of [name]Poppy[/name] and I think they have similar popularities.

I was thinking the same thing [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]. [name]Bridget[/name] is also super cute and I like both with [name]Poppy[/name]. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Poppy[/name].

[name]Bridget[/name] feels spunky enough to me, for some reason, especially with the [name]Bee[/name] nickname (though I’ll agree that [name]Poppy[/name] is the spunkier of the two). So, I can see the two names together as a sibset.

I don’t think that the popularity is too big of a deal, either - in 2009, [name]Bridget[/name] ranked #424 in the US, the peak (#112 in 1973) was never #100 or anything higher than that, and it was #192 in 1996 until it began decreasing in popularity. Meanwhile, [name]Poppy[/name] could be rising (apparently, it’s popular in the UK), so these could be about same popularity by the time you use them.

I also love the suggestions of [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name], and I think that [name]Beatrix[/name], which I find a bit spunkier than [name]Beatrice[/name], would be great with [name]Poppy[/name]…

Thank you all for the feedback! I have to say, I’m not a huge [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name] fan, although I like [name]Beatrice[/name]. However, I think [name]Beatrice[/name] is less spunky then [name]Bridget[/name]! Haha, maybe that’s just me.

Other names for possible sisters:

[name]June[/name] nn [name]Junie[/name]- This is my top pick for [name]Poppy[/name]'s mn, though.
[name]May[/name]- Not spunky at all, and I like better as a mn.
[name]Eva[/name]- So popular!
[name]Lulu[/name]- Not sure what long form I would use.

I thought I’d reply since [name]Poppy[/name] is the nn I’m going to be using for our first, [name]Penelope[/name]. We’re planning on naming our second daughter [name]Wilhelmina[/name] nn [name]Willa[/name]. [name]Willa[/name] can stand on it’s own however and I think [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] are a darling sibset.

[name]Willa[/name] isn’t my style, but it’s just darling with [name]Poppy[/name]! I know a [name]Wilhelmina[/name] that goes by [name]Willie[/name]. Everyone thinks she has a cool name! Congrats on your daughter!

Quirk

P.S. Being vegan is extremely cool. I recently became a vegetarian, but my sis is vegan and I know I’d never be able to pull it off. My hat’s off to you!

I love [name]Poppy[/name] but I’ve never been a fan of [name]Bridget[/name]. I don’t think it makes a good sibset with [name]Poppy[/name] and seems a little dated to me. Btw, [name]Poppy[/name] [name]June[/name] is so incredibly sweet.

Sometimes I also feel like [name]Bridget[/name] is pretty dated. Well, it’s all hypothetical, so we’ll see! And thanks about [name]Poppy[/name] [name]June[/name]! I totally agree!