Poppy & Maisie

I just saw the name [name]Willa[/name] on someone else’s post and I love it. But I don’t like Wihelmina at all. Is there another name that [name]Willa[/name] can be a nickname for because I really like [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Maisie[/name], & [name]Willa[/name] together?

Thanks!

You could just name your daughter [name]Willa[/name], I think.

I thought about that, but with [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], it seems as if I need a longer name, but I have definitely added [name]Willa[/name] to the list. I just thought maybe you guys knew a name I hadn’t thought of. Thanks!

[name]Lucy[/name],

I somewhat agree that with your girls names (which are goregous!) you might need a longer name. We are due in a few weeks and have decided to name our daughter [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] and call her [name]Willa[/name]. I understand if you arent particularly fond of [name]Wilhelmina[/name], so you could name her [name]Willow[/name] instead. I personally think that [name]Wilhelmina[/name] goes well with [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], though.

Best of luck to you! =)

I think Wilhemina is FABULOUS with your girls! But I understand not liking it… so here are a few… but nothing compared to your girls in my opinion.

[name]Wilma[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Wilfreda[/name]

… well thats all I got…

What about [name]Millie[/name]? There are quite a few names that you can get [name]Millie[/name] from.

What about [name]Winnie[/name]? [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Gwyneth[/name]

[name]Stella[/name]? [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Estella[/name]

Thanks. Maybe I’ll just use [name]Willa[/name]/[name]Willow[/name] as a middle name.

I think [name]Wilhelmina[/name] is kind of pretty! When names get hot on Nameberry, sometimes I start to like them. Maybe you might start liking [name]Wilhelmina[/name] after a while. It is great grandma cool.

[name]Susan[/name], I totally agree! I never liked [name]Maeve[/name] but I see it here all time and I am starting to like it! ha!

[name]Susan[/name], I totally agree! I never liked [name]Maeve[/name] but I see it here all time and I am starting to like it! ha![/quote]
I started liking [name]Freya[/name] because of Nameberry. I just wonder if [name]Pam[/name], [name]Linda[/name], and [name]Jill[/name] suddenly liked [name]Mildred[/name], would I start liking it? I certainly hope I will never like [name]Mildred[/name] or [name]Gertrude[/name] or [name]Bertha[/name].

[name]Susan[/name], I totally agree! I never liked [name]Maeve[/name] but I see it here all time and I am starting to like it! ha![/quote]
I started liking [name]Freya[/name] because of Nameberry. I just wonder if [name]Pam[/name], [name]Linda[/name], and [name]Jill[/name] suddenly liked [name]Mildred[/name], would I start liking it? I certainly hope I will never like [name]Mildred[/name] or [name]Gertrude[/name] or [name]Bertha[/name].[/quote]

haha I know what you mean! I think even though I have always loved names this site has made me appreciate them ALL more! :slight_smile:

I totally agree with you [name]Susan[/name] and Zard, I would NEVER have thought of naming my daughter [name]Wilhelmina[/name] 5 years ago. I have gone on other name sites where they have polls and when I have mentioned [name]Wilhelmina[/name], people have actually asked why I would do that to a human being!? Grandma cool totally grew on me, especially those that have cool nn like [name]Willa[/name]. Zard, we were very close to going with [name]Maeve[/name] for our daughter… a name I had never even heard of but fell in love with after visiting nameberry. Objectivity is priceless - and neccessary!

Sorry for the sidebar, [name]Lucy[/name].

No problem. I know when I was younger, I would have never thought I would name my daughters [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], but I love their names now.

What do you guys think about [name]Rebecca[/name], nn [name]Becca[/name]?

I just love the name [name]Rebecca[/name] nn [name]Becca[/name]. But it was kind of popular during the '80’s I think, and now it isn’t so popular. Some people care about that sort of thing. I do with some names but not with [name]Rebecca[/name]!

I think it is a nice name and it means beautiful which I like. [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Becca[/name]. I think it works… I feel like there could be something even more fabulous though.

[name]How[/name] did you come up with your daughters names? Are they family names or just names you enjoy?

[name]Maisie[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] are such a great sibset and kind of fun too, so looking for a third name just as good is hard.

Here are a few choices.
[name]Amelia[/name] nn [name]Milly[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] nn [name]Milly[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] nn [name]Callie[/name]
[name]Phillipa[/name] nn [name]Pippa[/name], a fun name
[name]Florence[/name] nn [name]Flossie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name]
[name]Cicely[/name] nn [name]Cilla[/name]

I think [name]Rebecca[/name] is pretty, and I know [name]Susan[/name] is such a fan, but I agree with Zard in the fact that you could probably find another better with your girls names. I just think of [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name] as classic, timeless and beautiful and [name]Rebecca[/name] nn [name]Becca[/name] sounds dated to me.

What about [name]Clementine[/name] nn Tinny, or [name]Annabelle[/name] nn [name]Bell[/name]. I also like:

[name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name] or Fi
[name]Marian[/name] nn [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] nn [name]Bea[/name]

Sorry for any repeats. I think you will make a beautiful choice, regardless.

Ok I am going to make one more suggestion… I am sure you are like ENOUGH lady! haha :slight_smile:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] (this may be a middle name for one of your girls… I didnt see if you posted their middle names)

[name]Elizabeth[/name] offers MANY nicknames…

[name]Tibbie[/name]
[name]Betta[/name]
[name]Lizzie[/name]
[name]Izzie[/name]
[name]Betty[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]

And many more…

Oh my Gosh, Zard, how did we all miss that!? While I dont think you said mn for your girls, I would imagine you did not use such a long mn with long first names (sorry if that is incorrect). I personally like the nn [name]Bets[/name] as a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name]… so adorable.

[name]Penelope[/name], [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Maisie[/name] and [name]Bets[/name]. Incredible!

I put [name]Eliza[/name] on my original post, but not [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is brilliant. [name]Love[/name] [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Liza[/name], and [name]Tibbie[/name]!