Poppy or Freya or Honey

See the results of this poll: Which ‘British’ combo do you like?

Respondents: 42 (This poll is closed)

• Poppy Florence Faye : 19 (42%)
  • Freya Maisie Isobel : 25 (56%)
  • Honey Georgina Niamh: 1 (2%)

Hah! I just saw the title with with the three names and thought, “Wow, that’s the trifecta of British naming, there!”

That said, I like [name]Freya[/name], am neutral on [name]Poppy[/name] as a first name (though I love it in the middle) and strongly dislike [name]Honey[/name] upfront. Middle name only please.

Rearranging a bit, I’d love [name]Florence[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Faye[/name] or [name]Freya[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]. Or even [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Honey[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] or something.

I love Poppy.

I’ve never liked Freya–it sounds like Fraidy to me, as in fraidy cat or like something is fraying. It’s a weird image. Just Rhea is pretty.

I’m actually not completely opposed to Honey, especially as a nn. Not sure I’d use it as a full given name, but as a nn for Honora/Honour or Persephone or even Rhonda I could get behind it.

In the same vein, I can’t keep myself from thinking “nee-ahm” when I see Niamh. The idea that that group of letters could produce an ee and a v sound is completely out of my brains registry.

I love [name]Poppy[/name] and like [name]Freya[/name] a lot. I think that [name]Honey[/name] is very cute as a middle name or maybe a nickname, but I think it would make for an unfortunate first name. It just seems overly twee and familiar. It’s not a name that I would like to have to introduce myself as.

I think that all three combos flow well. Other than that, the only real impression I have of them is that they seem very distinctly British, but that was your intent.

[name]Freya[/name] is one of my favorites. I love old names with history and meaning. It is not the nicest sounding name, but its interesting history and meaning trump that imo. [name]Freya[/name] got my vote. I also really like [name]Maisie[/name]!

I like [name]Poppy[/name], but not enough to vote for it.

I call my hubby [name]Honey[/name], so I can’t imagine seeing it used as a first name for a little girl.

I have always loved [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Florence[/name] is another of my favourites and [name]Faye[/name] is super cute. I think this combo goes the best so it got my vote!

I really enjoyed the latest nameberry blog on British names too.

[name]Freya[/name] is the only one I would use. [name]Poppy[/name] is cute. [name]Honey[/name] I find strange as a first name.