popular beginnings and endings

I like the name [name]Eliana[/name]. But I’m afraid both the beginning and ending are too popular. I love the nicknames [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Ana[/name], but will there be too many? I don’t want her to be in a class with an [name]Ariana[/name], an [name]Aliana[/name] and a [name]Juliana[/name].

[name]Eliana[/name] is pretty, but I do agree it kind of doesn’t fully sound like its own name because of the challenge you mention.

What about:
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Eliora[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]

[name]Eliana[/name] is very pretty! I agree with @jesba, though–it does kind of blend in with similar names like [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Ariana[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Annika[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Elle[/name], not to mention names that end in elle/ella ([name]Isabella[/name]/e, [name]Gabriella[/name]/e, [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Giselle[/name], [name]Daniella[/name]/e, etc.), because of the [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]/[name]Ana[/name] parts. I think you could go with another pretty “[name]El[/name]” name like [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Elena[/name], or [name]Eleanor[/name], but it seems like she’d be awash in the sea of Ellies/Ellas/Elles. Unfortunately, it’s just one of those names that has parts of quite popular names right now.

I do agree with @jesba, though, that [name]Elena[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], and [name]Eliora[/name] (not to mention [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]) are all more distinctive than [name]Eliana[/name], and you could still use the nn [name]Ellie[/name] if you like.

Good luck!

Ok thanks. Guess I probably won’t use it then.

[name]Eliana[/name] is a lovely name, but it does have those popular beginnings and endings like you mentioned.

[name]Eliana[/name] itself isn’t very popular though. I work in a daycare, and we don’t have many children with the ana endings at all. In fact I don’t think I can name one. We have more ia endings. [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Natalia[/name] etc.

east93, thats good to know. thanks.

I love the name [name]Elliana[/name] and I’m not worried about it being too much like other names. It’s unique and pretty [name]IMO[/name] and if we ever have a 4th girl that will be her name. (we have 1 girl, and our next 3 girl names already chosen lol). I have only ever seen 1 [name]Elliana[/name] and I worked in daycare/elementary schools before becoming a SAHM.

oh, I spell it with 2 l’s, same thing though, I just like it spelled like that because of the nn I would use - [name]Elli[/name] :slight_smile: