Popular names in your area?

What names are the most popular where your from? For me it’s got to be [name_f]Mia[/name_f]/Mila or [name_u]Everly[/name_u] for girls, and for boys probably [name_u]Jackson[/name_u]/Jaxson and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u].

1 Like

According to the statistics, [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] are the most popular in my area :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Almost every baby boy here is called [name_m]William[/name_m]! For girls, [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and [name_f]Ida[/name_f] are also very prevalent here.

3 Likes

For girls I hear a ton of: [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Isla[/name_f] & [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. Then I hear a good handful of: [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. And I oddly hear [name_f]Margot[/name_f] fairly often too, even though it’s not that high on the charts.

For boys I hear a ton of: [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], [name_u]Liam[/name_u] & [name_m]Will[/name_m].

1 Like

I hear a lot of [name_u]Harper[/name_u] as well, it’s my Mom’s maiden name , I’ve always liked it🙂.

Sofia, [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Alina[/name_f] / [name_f]Arina[/name_f], [name_f]Yeva[/name_f]… they are just everywhere! So are [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]/Danil/etc, [name_m]Artyom[/name_m] & [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. Mainstream

1 Like

Oliver and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

1 Like

Girls I’ve heard a lot of: [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Nancy[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

Boys: [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]

2 Likes

I hear a lot of [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] for girls; [name_u]Levi[/name_u], [name_u]Jackson[/name_u]/Jaxon, and [name_u]Beau[/name_u] for boys. But I hear sooo many [name_f]Em[/name_f]- names, just generally different ones ([name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], etc.). There are also a surprising number of baby girls being named [name_f]Lula[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Willows really popular up here too, love [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]!

A lot of Hannahs, [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], [name_u]Christian[/name_u]/Christopher, [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/Isabella, [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], [name_m]Andres[/name_m], & [name_f]Mia[/name_f]

1 Like

Poppy was my grandparents’ dog so I can only think of her, which is interesting every year I get to teach one :joy:

2 Likes

I know a million of: [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] “[name_f]Mia[/name_f]”, and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] “[name_f]Maddie[/name_f]”. I also hear [name_u]Cadence[/name_u] quite often, also spelled as [name_u]Kadence[/name_u], and I’ve even met one Kaydenze. For boys I’d say the most popular names are [name_m]Ben[/name_m], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], and [name_u]Jackson[/name_u]/Jaxon, and [name_m]Nate[/name_m] (short for [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] or [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]). [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] is also popular for boys whereas [name_u]Camryn[/name_u] is popular for girls.

1 Like

Names I come across most (Sydney, Australia):

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Archie[/name_m]
Theodore

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]/Rosie
Olivia

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] for both sexes.

2 Likes

Jackson and all its variations. I hear it EVERYWHERE, from babies to high school.

2 Likes

Ava/Avery/Eva/Everly/Evelyn
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]/Sophie/Sofia
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]

Noah, [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]

2 Likes

Acquaintances have been having babies for a while, and close friends started having babies in the last couple of years. Duplicates/multiples I’ve noticed so far are:

• Charlotte
  • Penelope
  • Atlas
2 Likes

Sofia, [name_f]Regina[/name_f], [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Paula[/name_f]
[name_m]Emilio[/name_m], Íker, [name_u]Gael[/name_u], [name_m]Mateo[/name_m], [name_m]Santiago[/name_m], Matías

2 Likes

Madelyn “[name_f]Maddie[/name_f]” (all spelling variations), [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] “[name_f]Lily[/name_f]”, [name_f]Ella[/name_f]

Gavin, [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] / [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], [name_u]Liam[/name_u]

1 Like

A few years ago, I would’ve said [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], [name_m]Francisco[/name_m], and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] for boys. [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] for girls. I’m not sure that’s still the case—since then I’ve moved into a job where I don’t meet as many kiddos. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] is disproportionately popular here, though—I am either in a bubble or Lydias, Kaias, and Rachels, or they’re just more loved in my state. [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] are bordering on ridiculous here though—I’ve met 25+ Elijahs within a period of about 2 years. And I don’t meet altogether that many children. lol.

3 Likes