Popularity of the name Isla and more...

I have loved the name [name]Isla[/name] for years and suddenly it’s become super popular! It still hasn’t taken off in [name]England[/name] where I live but do you think it will soon? What other names has this happened to you for, where you fall in love with a gorgeous unusual name only to find it soar in popularity before you have a baby to name!
My other favourite girls are [name]Eulalie[/name], [name]Elsie[/name] and [name]Hero[/name] and for boys it’s [name]Alfie[/name], [name]Jesse[/name] and [name]Micah[/name]. What do you think of those? Are they suddenly going to become one of ten other children in their class or might I be more lucky?

That’s SOOO happened to me!!! For starters, my fave girl name since I was like 5 has been [name]Marley[/name]- my mom and dad and so me as well are big fans of [name]Bob[/name]. I grew up listening to his music, and I like the message he sent out as well. It started to grow in popularity a few years ago, which was frustrating enough, but then they had to go make that stupid book/movie about the dog and now everyone thinks of that when I mention the name…ugh.

Other names that I’ve loved for years that I’m seeing more and more:

[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] (especially my preferred nn [name]Ella[/name])
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] (my gran’s name…and now b/c of Twilight it’s popping up on everyone’s list)
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] (loved it since I was a kid in sunday school, and then it just HAD to be the guy’s name in the notebook and every lovesick puppy loves it now)
[name]Jude[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] the Beatles as much as [name]Bob[/name] [name]Marley[/name], but I’m seeing this on a lot of lists too…so I’m leaning more toward [name]Lennon[/name] now)

Also, I like your names. Alot. I say we use our faves regardless.

BTW…[name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Isla[/name]? Is it Eye-la, Iss-la, or Iz-la? I wonder this every time I see this name…

I pronounce it EYE-lah and I think it’s a very pretty name:) I don’t think it’s that popular or at least it’s not over here.

• [name]Charlie[/name]