Possible Name List #1

See the results of this poll: Which Name (Choose 2)

Respondents: 81 (This poll is closed)

• Goldie Rose : 4 (5%)
  • Delilah Moon “Lila” : 19 (23%)
  • Magdalena July “Maya” or “Maggie” : 6 (7%)
  • Evelyn Isla “Evie” : 15 (19%)
  • Elizabeth Saorise “Eliza” or “Libby” : 6 (7%)
  • Tess Margaret : 11 (14%)
  • Caroline Augusta “Calla” : 17 (21%)
  • August Matilda: 3 (4%)

my favorites:

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Saorise
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] being my top two.

My favorites are: [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] “[name_f]Calla[/name_f]”, [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] “[name_f]Lila[/name_f]”, and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. Great names!

Meant to vote for [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]!

My favorites are [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

I cannot get over how cute [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is!!! My favorite by far.

My favorite is [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] followed by [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]!

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f], [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. Beautiful names!

My favorites are [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f].

My favorites are [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]!

Voted for: [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Other favorite: [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f].

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] are my favourite combos, in that order. But I especially love the nickname [name_f]Calla[/name_f] for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], and I’m underwhelmed by [name_f]Lila[/name_f] for [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], so I think overall my vote goes to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] “[name_f]Calla[/name_f]”.

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

I voted for [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] because it is beautiful and so unexpected! My second choice would be [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] although I think it has a much more regal feel to it than [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] (in a good way, just different style). [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile:

Some of these names don’t work as well as others, and the voting reflects that.

These are the best names from your list:

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Saorise
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]

[name_f]Goldie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - I get that it’s sweet and I like [name_f]Goldie[/name_f], but [name_f]Rose[/name_f] makes it sort of like a double word name that almost makes sense but doesn’t. That’s messy. Plus, [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] is really rare, and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is overly common, so that seems strange. They also both have a long ‘O’ sound in the middle which doesn’t sound nice.

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] - beautiful and magical! Haunting but not too dark. If chosen for your daughter, you’d probably notice that after saying the name ‘[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]’ numerous times it’s not any more difficult to say than ‘[name_f]Lila[/name_f]’, so you wouldn’t need to shorten it.

[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] [name_u]July[/name_u] - when you have [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] on your list, I’d suggest [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]July[/name_u]. Especially if you’re going to use [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] anyways! [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] is a heavy, ornate, European name that makes [name_u]July[/name_u] feel overly short, simple and anglo.

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] - I like this. It’s pretty and I love the name [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] which hits a sweet spot on your list - vintage, worldly meaning, familiar, feminine but not frilly. I wouldn’t use it myself because the names slur into each other when I say it aloud, but that shouldn’t matter to someone who really loves this name.

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Saorise - I voted for this because I think Saorise really takes [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - such a wonderful name but that can sometimes feel tired - to a whole other level. It’s rare to see that happen - great naming! I don’t even mind that this name has hisses a bit with all its ‘z’, ‘s’, ‘th’, and ‘sh’ sounds.

[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - this name feels very safe, too safe, and I dislike the bookend 'T’s. Makes the name sound clipped, to me. Also, I always hesitate to recommend the name [name_f]Tess[/name_f] because it’s the kind of name that is sweet on a child, beautiful on a teen, but lacks sophistication on a grown woman.

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - this is so beautiful and classic. It’s so classic it feels medieval and contemporary at the same time. Great naming, again!

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - doesn’t flow. [name_u]August[/name_u] feels slightly boyish in this combo and makes [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] feel sedate.

Suggestions:
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]July[/name_u] “[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

A name to consider: [name_u]June[/name_u]

Favourites:

1. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Saorise
  2. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] got my vote. I also like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Saorise “[name_f]Libby[/name_f]”, [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. Good luck!

[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] [name_u]July[/name_u] is perfect to me.