possible names for an as yet to be conceived boy...

See the results of this poll: which do you like best?

Respondents: 26 (This poll is closed)

• Milo: 13 (50%)
  • Arthur: 9 (35%)
  • Laszlo: 4 (15%)

[name]Milo[/name] is my pick. It is spunky, masculine, fairly uncommon yet not unheard of, quirky, and casual, while still being sophisticated and strong. I’d pair it with a more traditional name, like [name]Milo[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Milo[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name], [name]Milo[/name] [name]Charles[/name], [name]Milo[/name] [name]Stephen[/name], or [name]Milo[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]…

[name]Arthur[/name] seems dated and too vintage to me, and I don’t care for the nicknames [name]Art[/name] or [name]Artie[/name], either. I envision a bellman at a trendy apartment building in the 1960s when I hear [name]Arthur[/name], to be honest! You may try [name]Archer[/name], [name]Fletcher[/name], or [name]Oliver[/name]…

[name]Laszlo[/name] (did I even spell this right?) is completely unfamiliar to me, and thus I cannot really judge its qualities. It looks more like the name of a place to me than the name of a child, though I realize that place names are trendy nowadays! Or maybe it is a surname name! Are we referencing [name]Victor[/name] [name]Laszlo[/name] in Casablanca, [name]Laszlo[/name] of [name]Doctor[/name] Who, the many Laszlos of science and math, the architect, the journalist, the painter, or OpenLaszlo, the [name]Web[/name] applications design program? It just confuses me, so maybe it is best suited to be a middle name.

[name]Arthur[/name]!

[name]Laszlo[/name] is just too much. Sounds like a fairy tale prince. I wouldn’t want to be a little boy at the playground with this name.

I know a lot of people love [name]Milo[/name], but I can not get behind it. I just don’t see the appeal at all. It sounds like a dog’s name.

[name]Hi[/name]! I voted for [name]Milo[/name], but I love [name]Arthur[/name], too! While I think that Lazslo is a very cool name, I agree with the previous poster who said that it’s a bit too much. I think it would make a great middle, though!

You may also like:

[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Milo[/name], it’s a great name.
[name]Arthur[/name] is nice too, but I don’t see a little boy named [name]Arthur[/name].
I agree with the others about [name]Laszlo[/name]. While it’s a good name, it is a bit too much. I don’t know if you read Time magazine, but I can’t help but think of the writer [name]Joel[/name] [name]Stein[/name], who occasionally writes articles at the end of the magazine, but he and his wife recently named their son [name]Laszlo[/name]. There was a really funny article about deciding about a name, so I can’t help but think of that whenever I hear the name [name]Laszlo[/name]…

Anyway, pardon the rant, [name]Milo[/name] is a great choice. It’s masculine and will age very well. [name]Milo[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] would actually be a nice combo.

[name]Rachel[/name], thanks for that info! I think I remember him considering [name]Laszlo[/name], but I didn’t realize that he ending up choosing it for his son.

Take care!

I went to law school with a [name]Laszlo[/name], and it suited him, so I have very positive associations with that name. However, it really depends on your last name, I think.

[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

[name]Jill[/name],
I love your suggestions, especially [name]Leo[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Simon[/name]…thank you! I am pretty sure we’re going to go with [name]Milo[/name] for a boy, but we’re not even pregnant yet so we’ll have plenty of time to change our minds and I want names in my pocket in case that happens.

km903,
Our last name is Hungarian (my dh is from Budapest) and [name]Laszlo[/name] is a fairly common name in Hungary so it could work rather nicely. I also love that it’s not too popular here and sounds somewhat exotic : )