Possible sibset?

This is all purely speculative, but I want to throw it out there to get people’s opinion…

I’ve loved the name [name]Imogen[/name] for a girl for a long time. It’s so pretty, and I love Ims or [name]Immy[/name] as a nn. I’ll be in [name]England[/name] so it’s a common name there.

Thing is, was reading some history book and came across some gorgeous boy names that I love - but they’re all biblical/Hebrew names. My favourites are:

[name]Josiah[/name] - nn [name]Joss[/name] & by far my favourite
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]

Thing is, do you think I could use them with [name]Imogen[/name] as a girl’s name? Or should I stick to Biblical/Hebrew names for girls, too? There are so few I like - I love [name]Abigail[/name] but as I’m a huge [name]West[/name] [name]Wing[/name] fan I don’t want a [name]Josiah[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name]. :wink:

I do like [name]Adah[/name] a lot, or [name]Adira[/name]. But I still can’t give up on the idea of [name]Imogen[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think it would be a completely mismatched set if I used it with [name]Josiah[/name] or [name]Eli[/name]?

I think [name]Josiah[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] would be a smashing sibset. [name]Both[/name] are 3-syllables and have a quirky and vintage feel to them. They’re both names you love so that’s the best recommendation! :smiley:

Thank you! I’ve also thought about [name]Elias[/name] with [name]Eli[/name] as a nn for another boy. I prefer it to [name]Elijah[/name], for some reason. It’s also got 3 syllables and is sort of quirky too…

But yes, I love both [name]Josiah[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] and that is the most important thing. I like that they have cute nicknames for when the kids are small, but that they can grow into the full name in time.

I have a similar issue with a few of my absolute top girls names. They are not Biblical. I do like plenty of Biblical girls’ names ([name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Miriam[/name] in particular, but there are more) but I love Biblical boys’ names so much it seems very likely they’ll be used, whereas the girls’ names will be more dark horses…I think I’m starting to make my peace with it. I agree, if the names feel good together, they just do…the origins are part of it, but not all. There are certainly names in the Bible that don’t sound good together! : D.

[name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Miriam[/name] are nice! But I have an aunt [name]Miriam[/name], and [name]Naomi[/name] is a bit too much like my name ([name]Niamh[/name] - pronounced Neeve).

But yeah, you’re right, the origins aren’t everything. :slight_smile: