Possible tattoo in the future

I would like to get “Dellow Felegates” tattooed on my hand when I turn 18 (my parents would never approve in a million years lol). Is there any reason I should not? I love [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars & jar jar binks is amazing. :slight_smile:

Personally I wouldn’t get it on my hand purely due to how some employers would view it.

However, the actual tattoo itself is totally fine! I think it’s cute. You only live once, and I see nothing wrong with a slightly silly/funny tattoo. Not all tattoos have to be super serious! I’d maybe get it somewhere you could hide it a bit better, though.

1 Like

As someone with a tattoo, I would say that your hand is a bit risky. Whilst I don’t think there should be any stigma surrounding tattoos, some employers would rule you out before you’d even opened your mouth at an interview purely because of the tattoo. Somewhere easier to hide would be great though! I got mine on my ankle so then I could just wear long socks, trousers, or high top shoes to cover it. Places like arms and legs are super easy to cover, so maybe there?

1 Like

Echoing the advice to not get it on your hand but I’ll add another reason that hand (and foot) tattoos tend to fade or smudge a lot faster than other parts of your body because it’s an area that goes through a lot of wear and tear in your everyday life.

@lyrasoxford @sparkleninja18 @eileithyia @anyoneelsethatpostsinthefuturethatisnttaggedhere (I love your new pfp btw, thea :slight_smile: )

Would makeup work on interview day to cover it up? I am now dedicated to my hand, lol, although tbh I probably won’t get it by then.

Possibly. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom would use a bandaid to cover the one on her ankle early in her career (she claims she’s made it far enough that no one should care now lol) and I’ve done that for my tattoos in the past. So if you get it small enough then that’s an option.

1 Like

There is a reallly good makeup brand called “dermablend” that covers tattoos perfectly, if you ever need it. i use it to cover my stick n poke!

2 Likes

Based on conversations I’ve had with many [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars fans, you’re the only person besides myself who thinks this. [name_u]Love[/name_u] Jar Jar Binks! haha Go for it!!

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t understand all the hate towards him lol

2 Likes

I think you probably could with some good quality foundation and concealer, but I’m quite pale and the black ink obviously stands out quite dramatically against my skin. If you have darker skin than me (which you probably do given how pale I am) you’d probably find it easier.

1 Like

I’m danish, [name_m]German[/name_m], & Native American. The light is bad but this is my skin tone:

(Ignore my cousin pestering me in the background)

I’d say it is probably worth talking to a tattoo artist and see what they say. Your skin tone seems darker than mine, but I’m not confident enough to say you could/couldn’t cover it up if I’m honest.

1 Like

I think that if you still want the tattoo once you’re 18 then you should get it!

1 Like