Possibly overthinking

I apologize if I’ve made a similar post, I can’t find it if I did, but our top name if we have another boy is [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] but I’ve seen people say names ending with -s conflicts with last names that start with S and our does.

Is [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] okay?

I considered [name_m]Tobiah[/name_m] but it winds up sounding the same with the last name and I don’t like [name_u]Tobin[/name_u] because it reminds me of [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Tobin[/name_u].

2 Likes

the names do run into each other for me, but it’s definitely not a dealbreaker, especially if [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] is your favorite!

if you are looking for an alternative, maybe you’d like just [name_u]Toby[/name_u]?

1 Like

I agree with the above it’s not a deal breaker and [name_u]Toby[/name_u] is a great option another similar name is [name_m]Torben[/name_m].

[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] fot sure. Don’t overthink it gitl :joy:
I really like [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]

2 Likes

Absolutely love [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]!

Honestly I think you’re overthinking this. I do not think [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] Sutt0n has a trippy flow or has a lot of repeated sounds that feel jarring. I really like [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] Sutt0n the name is strong and handsome. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name!

It sounds fine to me - [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] is lovely

1 Like

It’s not a perfect flow, but most people don’t have perfect names! [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] Springsteen has the same sort of thing in his name, and he’s done alright for himself, I think :laughing:

3 Likes

In some cases it bothers me when this happens, but I think here it works fine! If someone was to read the first and last names aloud to me, I’d easily be able to separate them. Tobias is a beautiful choice, by the way!

going along with his suggestion here, I think Toby even used as a nickname for Tobias could give more separation between the sounds.

1 Like

I think it’s only really a problem when it creates confusion about what the first and last name is. [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] [name_m]Sanders[/name_m] as an example - it is [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] [name_m]Anders[/name_m]? [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] [name_m]Sanders[/name_m]?

[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] is fine because [name_m]Tobiah[/name_m] is so much rarer than [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], most people probably wouldn’t think of it; and Utton would be a much more uncommon last name than [name_u]Sutton[/name_u].

2 Likes

Sounds fine to me too :blush:

I love the name combination! I don’t think the S ending is a problem. I could see why a different first name might conflict with your last name, but I think the name [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] works perfectly!

Not a perfect flow, but still a great name imo! I love [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]!

I like it! [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] sounds cool

The S at the end and start do run into each other a bit, but it’s not very much of an issue I don’t think. I would definitely still use [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] if it is your favourite name!

They definitely run into each other.
But it may not be that much of a problem because [name_m]Tobiah[/name_m] is a name I think most people have never heard of (so they won’t think your son’s name is [name_m]Tobiah[/name_m] when he introduces himself). If you don’t dislike the sound of the two names running into each other, it doesn’t have to be a dealbreaker. You could still use it. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] is a good name.

I think it’s fine and definitely not a deal breaker. Nice name

tbh it’s not even that bad / noticeable, i say go with tobias!! :smiling_face: