Post-partum appt....go or cancel??

3rd baby = 3rd post partum appt.

School starts [name]Monday[/name] & my appt is [name]Monday[/name]. That is helpful. What is not is that I REALLY don’t want to have to take my 2yr old to THAT appt! And there’s a good chance that I will not be able to get someone to watch him.

Is there any harm in just cancelling the appt & not reschedule? OR would you think that if I took him with, that a nurse would be able to sit with him just long enough??

Thanks!

The post-partum appointment is pretty important. If there is a problem with going on [name]Monday[/name], then reschedule it. But you should certainly go. Also, I doubt one of the nurses would be able to sit with him. They have their own jobs to do, but I don’t think it would be a problem to take him with you. [name]Just[/name] bring toys or coloring books to occupy him while you’re getting checked out.

I’d say reschedule it. I would like the reassurance that everything is alright, just in case. At my OB-GYN, the front desk nurses/receptionists will occupy kids for 10-15 minutes or so if you need them to.

it’s important to make sure you are healing well. Reschedule if needed but you should go at one time or another. Most wil lwatch your kids for a while, and if they behave well they can even be in the room.

Found a sitter!