Posy

We are thrilled to have welcomed our third and final baby, a surprise that turned out to be a girl.

We named her [name_f]Posy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (affectionally known as [name_f]Posy[/name_f] '[name_f]Trix[/name_f])

[name_f]Posy[/name_f] had been on my long list after always loving in it [name_u]Noel[/name_u] Streatfield’s book Ballet Shoes and when narrowing down name choices my husband loved it too.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], meaning wanderer or traveller, was a last minute choice after she was born and we thought it was perfect as a beautiful yet strong name to balance out her slightly whimsical first name. It also goes well with my maiden name, which is her second middle name, which starts with a B.

Naming a third baby was very hard and I endlessly trawled Nameberry for inspiration, and now I couldn’t love her name more!

Side note: if she had been a boy we would have named her [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_u]Quentin[/name_u].

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] had long been a favourite. [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] means ‘the fifth’ and we liked that because this baby would have been the fifth member of our family. A little investigation also showed that [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] was a patron saint who protected against various illnesses including coughs - something we liked the idea of in this crazy time of Covid-19.

13 Likes

Aww! Congratulations! I love [name_f]Posy[/name_f]!

1 Like

Congratulations to you and your family. I’m so excited for you!! [name_f]Posy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is exquisite, and [name_f]Posy[/name_f] [name_f]Trix[/name_f] is too precious. Best of luck!!

1 Like

Oh, how darling! Congratulations on your baby girl! [name_f]Posy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is such a pretty name. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am absolutely in love with her name! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Her name is adorable :heart_eyes: :star_struck:!! Best of luck to you!!

1 Like

Oh I love it! What a beautiful name! :sparkling_heart: Congratulations! [name_f]Posy[/name_f] '[name_f]Trix[/name_f] is just the cutest!!

1 Like

So lovely! Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Congratulations :confetti_ball:
[name_f]Posy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is the loveliest name! Beautiful choice. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Posy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is such a fresh, beautiful name.

1 Like

Congrats!! you picked such a sweet name!

1 Like

Her name is breathtaking! Congrats

1 Like

[name_m]How[/name_m] absolutely stunning! Congratulations, @Elsterg :heart:

1 Like

Posy [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is so stunning!! Congratulations!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Posy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]! [name_f]Posy[/name_f] is definitely (officially) going on my list!

1 Like

[name_f]Posy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is actually on my shortlist! You have very good taste :wink: Congratulations!

1 Like

So sweet! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Posy[/name_f]! Congrats!

1 Like

No way, what are the chances!

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the kind words about our beautiful girl’s name. :slight_smile:

What a sweet name! Congratualtions

1 Like