Potential Sibset

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

I’m about to have my first child, a little boy. His dad and I have been talking a lot about names during the last months. We have our finalists for this baby: [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] / [name_m]Bastien[/name_m], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] & [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]. We will pick his name when we meet him in person.

Now that I feel confident in our potential names for this little one, I wonder what combos would be good if we have a second child. If we happened to have two boys, the potential names would probably remain the top three we have now, because we have both loved these names for a very long time. However, if we had a girl after, it would be a little bit tricky, because my husband has a hard time finding girl names that he likes. We agree on [name_f]Eve[/name_f] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] at the moment.

So I wonder, what would be the best combos in your opinion for 2 boys or 1 boy & 1 girl, with these five options:

[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] / [name_m]Bastien[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I like:
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m] & [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_m]Bastien[/name_m] & [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]

1 Like

I love your list! :blue_heart:

[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] would be my pick for two boys. Both super handsome and distinguished, a little quirky but classic, and feel very cohesive stylistically.

I’d personally go with [name_f]Eve[/name_f] for a girl of your options. It’s short but weighty, and super sleek and well balanced. I love it with any of your boy options, but [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] feel especially well matched.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions!

[name_m]Mathias[/name_m] & [name_f]Eve[/name_f] makes a beautiful biblical duo
[name_m]Bastien[/name_m] & [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] are a wonderful European pair

I wasn’t sure if [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] was going well with any of our boy names, so I’m happy to read it could be good with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]!

Thanks for your input!

I agree with you about [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] & [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] :heart_eyes:

I also feel like [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is a good fit with the boy names!

1 Like

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] & [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] & [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Bastien[/name_m] & [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastien[/name_m] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

[name_m]Mathias[/name_m] & [name_m]Bastien[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m] & [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] & [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] & [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

1 Like

I like [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] & [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]!

1 Like

Looks like many of you like the boy names together, especially [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] / [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] & [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] seems to be a good fit with [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] or [name_u]Tristan[/name_u].

What do you think of [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] & [name_f]Eve[/name_f]?
Thanks!

[name_f]My[/name_f] picks would be:

[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]

And

[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Bastien[/name_m] and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_m]Bastien[/name_m] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combos are [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]!

1 Like

For two boys I would go with [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]. For a girl and a boy I would go with [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

[name_m]Mathias[/name_m] and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] are more unique and out of the top hundred whereas [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] are the opposite. I would find a different name for the girl that would match [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] better.

1 Like

I agree with you that [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] are more common than [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] in many countries. Where I live however, [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is less common, so it could be a good match with [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] in terms of popularity. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] on the other end, is in the top 5, so there would be a clash with [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] or [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] regarding popularity.

There is a girl name that I like a lot, and it’s more unique. I think it would be great with [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] - it’s [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]. But my husband doesn’t like it sadly.

1 Like

That sucks because [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m] would be a really cute sibset

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is a pretty combo :]

1 Like