Power Names what do you think?

[name]Power[/name] Names

by rollo on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:53 am
I just googled names and found one that lists all the names that they think are power names.

I would not see most of these names as being [name]Power[/name] Names they look pretty standard to me. [name]Do[/name] you have a list of power names and what do you think of this list?

(The list is two years old btw.)

1. [name]Catherine[/name]
  2. [name]Jennifer[/name]
  3. [name]Aimee[/name]
  4. [name]Elizabeth[/name]
  5. [name]Mary[/name]
  6. [name]Michelle[/name]
  7. [name]Sarah[/name]
  8. [name]Amelia[/name]
  9. [name]Ann[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
  10. [name]Lisa[/name]

Boys

1. [name]William[/name]
  2. [name]Charles[/name]
  3. [name]Nathan[/name]
  4. [name]Robert[/name]
  5. [name]Edward[/name]
  6. [name]Mark[/name]
  7. [name]Paul[/name]
  8. [name]Matthew[/name]
  9. [name]Thomas[/name]
  10. [name]Henry[/name]
  • 2 years ago
  1. [name]Catherine[/name] - I agree that this does seem like a powerful name.
  2. [name]Jennifer[/name] - I don’t understand why this name makes the list.
  3. [name]Aimee[/name] - ditto
  4. [name]Elizabeth[/name] - Is a strong classic name, [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It should have replace [name]Jennifer[/name] at #2.
  5. [name]Mary[/name] - [name]Mary[/name] is a classic but feels more at place in a nursery rhyme than on a most powerful list.
  6. [name]Michelle[/name] - I’m NOT feeling it.
  7. [name]Sarah[/name] - Again a classic but I think of sweet [name]Sarah[/name], not powerful sarah.
  8. [name]Amelia[/name] - I support this one more than [name]Jennifer[/name], [name]Michelle[/name], [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name].
  9. [name]Ann[/name] [name]Anne[/name] - As sweet as this name sounds I agree it belongs here.
  10. [name]Lisa[/name] - This is my name and I don’t think it sounds powerful at all.

Boys

1. [name]William[/name] - Strong but sweet. Sweet [name]William[/name] the flower.
  2. [name]Charles[/name] - Yes! Loses some power with [name]Charlie[/name] though.
  3. [name]Nathan[/name] - I’m not feeling this one either.
  4. [name]Robert[/name] - Yes!
  5. [name]Edward[/name] - Yes!
  6. [name]Mark[/name] - Another one I don’t see why. It is short and abrupt sounding but powerful, idk.
  7. [name]Paul[/name] - [name]Paul[/name] sounds to soft to me.
  8. [name]Matthew[/name] - Another one that is a classic that I love but still seems soft. [name]Matteo[/name] maybe.
  9. [name]Thomas[/name] -I can see it here.
  10. [name]Henry[/name] - I agree.

I’ve done many searches for powerful/influential names but they were all for women. The results were varied and I usually got distracted by a name or two and would then focus my attention on it or the reason it was on the list to begin with.

Names that I feel/look powerful that weren’t listed-

[name]Agnes[/name]/[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beverly[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Maureen[/name]
[name]Regina[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]

[name]Alan[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

[name]EDIT[/name]: I noticed it looked like I said [name]Michelle[/name] belonged here. I don’t think it does at all.

I agree with your interpretation of the names on the two lists.

The names on your list that I agree are strong names are:
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Regina[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name] [name]Love[/name] this name but not sure if people will just be bemused by the uniqueness of it or will feel it has power
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]George[/name]

I would have to add

[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Maxim[/name]

and

[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Suzanne[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]

Boys:
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Barron[/name]
[name]John[/name]

I read/heard somewhere not too long ago that there are more [name]Katherine[/name]'s as CEO’s and Presidents of companies in the U.S. than any other name.
[name]Katherine[/name] is the all-time female power name to me.
I think as a woman you cannot be taken seriously if you are a [name]Tiffany[/name] or a [name]Brittany[/name], etc, etc.
I take this into heavy consideration with girl names because I want my daughter to be taken seriously.

This is a very neat topic! I have to say, I disagree with quite a few of the names on the original lists, especially for the girls. Here’s my take:

1. [name]Catherine[/name] – I definitely agree here. [name]Catherine[/name] is a super strong name that evokes images of power, royalty, and strength. It definitely deserves the top spot.

2. [name]Jennifer[/name] – I don’t see [name]Jennifer[/name] as being strong at all. Bouncy and perky, yes, but not strong.

3. [name]Aimee[/name] – Same here. [name]Aimee[/name] sounds gentle to me.

4. [name]Elizabeth[/name] – This should have been behind [name]Catherine[/name], I think. It stirs up the same mental images.

5. [name]Mary[/name] – I do think [name]Mary[/name] is very strong, especially when one thinks back to Bloody [name]Mary[/name]. I would have put this behind [name]Elizabeth[/name].

6. [name]Michelle[/name] – I don’t really see it.

7. [name]Sarah[/name] – Like with [name]Aimee[/name], I picture gentleness.

8. [name]Amelia[/name] – Again, too gentle-sounding.

9. [name]Ann[/name]/[name]Anne[/name] – This one I can see. Very prompt and powerful.

10. [name]Lisa[/name] – [name]Lisa[/name] sounds professional and caring. Powerful in some sense, but not in that of strength.

11. [name]William[/name] – Definitely. I cannot help but think of royalty when I hear this name.

12. [name]Charles[/name] – Again, the same.

13. [name]Nathan[/name] – [name]Nathan[/name] is pure sweetness to me, but [name]Nathaniel[/name] sounds powerful.

14. [name]Robert[/name] – Not really seeing it.

15. [name]Edward[/name] – Oh, definitely! [name]Edward[/name] is sleek, sophisticated, and powerful to me.

16. [name]Mark[/name] – [name]Marcus[/name], maybe, but not [name]Mark[/name].

17. [name]Paul[/name] – Sounds too gentle to me.

18. [name]Matthew[/name] – As does this.

19. [name]Thomas[/name] – I can kind of see [name]Thomas[/name], but still not super well.

20. [name]Henry[/name] – Another definitely!

These are my additions. Sorry for any repeats!

[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Antoinette[/name]
[name]Selene[/name]
[name]Sonja[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Augustine[/name]
[name]Constantine[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]