Prairie

What do you think of the name [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]? Yes, I’m watching The OA right now. It’s still a nice, refreshing name though, don’t you think? It feels light and airy, like a spingtime name. Any middle name ideas?

[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]May[/name_f]/[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] - I’m normally not a fan of [name_f]Grace[/name_f] as a middle, but it seems to work here for me.

I love [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]! I am unfamiliar with the OA? Such a sweet name. I like it with a more classic middle.

[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Josephina[/name_f]

[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] is nice - I like the sounds

[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is sweet!!

[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
Praire [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]

I love [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]! Such a sweet name! I started loving it after watched the oa as well. [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]May[/name_f] is adorable!
I also like [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Alma[/name_f].

Vote for [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] is such a sweet, underused name. :slight_smile:

I adore [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]. Before we found our #3 was a boy I was trying to sell my husband on [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] or [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. Of your options I like [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] best.

I love all the classic [name_f]Mary[/name_f] combos with [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] such as:
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

I think it’s a sweet name. I prefer it to [name_f]Meadow[/name_f].

I’d stay away from other nature or word names. I find it a bit difficult to pronounce.

I like [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. I don’t watch the OA so have never heard of anyone with this name. That said, if [name_f]Lily[/name_f] works, I don’t see why [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] wouldn’t. I would caution you - when I saw [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] out loud, I think Prayer-ee. It doesn’t bother me, but it might bother you.

I think [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] would be an awful name to have.

One of my forever name crushes!

[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] is a wonderful name. I really like the whimsical sound, and I think the imagery-open air, space to think- is fantastic. [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is my favorite combo on your list because I think it has an ethereal yet strong vibe, and I like the flow.

Thanks for the opinions everyone! I understand what some are saying about [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] being whimsical, and that’s a good thing for some, too whimsical for others, but I wonder if at some point [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], or even [name_f]Rose[/name_f] was considered too whimsical. Honestly, I would have to work up courage to use this name, but I would love to see it used a bit more. The main issue I see with the name is I feel a lot of people would not know how to spell it, even though it is a word name.

I love [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]! It’s actually a favorite of mine. I love [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]! That was the middle I originally had with it, but changed it to something longer ([name_f]Delilah[/name_f]) to “go better” with my daughters name in terms of length.

[name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] would be another pretty option!

Prairie Mae is so bright, I really love it.

Normally Mae feels like kind of a placeholder middle to me but here it’s just so perfect!

Similarly I think Prairie Fae would be so pretty.

Prairie Imogen
Prairie Alice
Prairie Jane
Prairie Emmeline
Prairie Wren
Prairie Jemima
Prairie Merewen
Prairie Eliza
Prairie Eden
Prairie Gwendolen
Prairie Fiona
Prairie Rhiannon
Prairie Ginger
Prairie Sophia
Prairie Anne

I adore [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]! (As you can see) my preferred combo is [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], but [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is also really sweet!

From your list I love the flow of prairie [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] however [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] & [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] are both uncommon nature names I don’t know if that would be my first choice

With those saying whimsical names don’t get as good of reception on college and job applications, I totally agree that’s true now however working in an elementary school I feel the whimsical/unique/word/animal/nature names are now becoming so main stream (I know many kids with word names, ‘unique’ names either in spelling or completely made up, nature names, animal names etc.) that here in a few years I don’t know how much influence that will have. (Also I just have to add I just had a Dr.’s appt the other day and the physicians first name was [name_f]Holiday[/name_f], totally worked in that setting)

I also saw it on the OA. At first it felt a bit forced and harsh, but I gradually got used to it and now I love Prairie! It’s so beautiful!
It’s one of my favorite names now

Prairie Rose
Prairie Helene
Prairie Elena
Prairie Liliana
Prairie Zelda
Prairie Adelaide
Prairie Emilia
Prairie Sienna
Prairie Camille
Prairie Emmeline

This used to be my #1 name, I find it so enchanting! :slight_smile: I would love to see people using it [name_m]IRL[/name_m], I was seriously going to until I had a bad personal connotation and changed my overall naming scheme, but I think it’s totally usable and a great, rare (always good to me) name!

I think the spelling is beautiful, and most people SHOULD know how to spell it. I love how it is nature name, sort of whimsical, sort of homey/evocative of [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] (prairie-chic is totally back in), and I love how it sounds like “prayer”

I love the name [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]! I would probably go with [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] if I were to use it - to honour my mother.