Praise and Prayer

I am so sorry for spamming you today with posts. [name_f]My[/name_f] anxiety is bad today, and therefore I am avoiding real life and playing with names.

I’ve recently become enamored with the idea of [name_f]Praise[/name_f] and Prayer for first names. I think they would make great sisters to [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f], another of my favorite names. What middle names would you give to either name? I’m thinking [name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Galilea[/name_f] and Prayer [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]. [name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Galilea[/name_f] means “to praise the people of [name_f]Galilee[/name_f],” and [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] was from [name_f]Galilee[/name_f]. Prayer [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] means: “to find wisdom in prayer.”

2 Likes

Hope you feel better and less anxious soon!

I love [name_f]Praise[/name_f] and Prayer individually, but probably not as a sibset. I also think those are lovely and meaningful middles.

I don’t think these are as good as your combinations, but:

Prayer [name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
[name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]

1 Like

I think they’re sweet, although I would mention that as [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] is a [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess, using her name in a combo might be slightly less [name_u]Christian[/name_u] than intended (as the meaning could also be read as ‘to pray to [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]’). I think [name_f]Praise[/name_f] and Prayer could both be very sweet, though.

2 Likes

Praise [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] and Prayer [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] are so meaningful and fit so well with [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]!

Praise [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Liora[/name_f]
[name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]

Prayer [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
Prayer [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
Prayer [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
Prayer [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]

I hope you feel better soon xx

1 Like

Don’t be sorry, keep the new topics coming! Names can be very comforting on bad anxiety days. Both names are lovely, though I do agree with @rosepip that Prayer [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] could be interpreted as pray to [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]. Prayer [name_f]Zosia[/name_f] or Prayer [name_f]Sophronia[/name_f], maybe?

Praise, Prayer, and [name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f] make a lovely sibset!

3 Likes

Prayer [name_f]Sophronia[/name_f] and [name_f]Praise[/name_f] [name_f]Galilea[/name_f] have been added to my list. :slight_smile: I think they are so perfect and beautiful. I can just image me calling “[name_f]Hallelujah[/name_f], [name_f]Praise[/name_f], Prayer, [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_u]Haven[/name_u], [name_m]Psalm[/name_m]! Come to the table, dinner is ready!” And in this scenario I have six kids, apparently.

1 Like