Precious moments with your child

I am a stepparent so my precious moments are the ones when Miss 9 and Miss 4 said they love me and when they started calling me Step-Mumma / Mumma - I can’t describe those moments as honestly my whole world went blurry/slow motion and I was overwhelmed and appreciated that they felt that way. These kids have had a fair amount of trauma and ongoing trauma with parental alienation so the moments where they are happy, tell me that they are, especially Miss 9 as she is already expressing suicidal ideation so when they’re happy they are the most precious moments to me and I probably can’t explain a situation of just words and their facial expressions. I love seeing them be kids without all the drama the biological mother places around/on them.

1. Miss 9 had always said she wanted to do Ballet and after some consistency and when I knew I’m going to try my best to be in their life as I knew I was in love with their Dad I organised a trial at a Dance Academy - She enjoyed it. I still remember when OH and I really liked the song and started dancing in our seats where parents can wait and OH got the “Daddddd” and eye roll just as I was about to tease him I got “StepMumma don’t think we won’t have words after class” :sweat_smile: TBH I disliked when my Mum would “embarrass” me but it’s actually a bit fun and they see us living and being silly together.

2. Miss 4 had to wait until her 4th birthday to get her own classes, she had her first trial and after it, I had just buckled her in her seat and she put on her sunglasses (these cute yellow flower-shaped ones we had bought her, she loves them and a fluffy troll slap band bracelet) and she says “You know how you call me your little rockstar when I wear these” I say “Yeah sweetheart” she responds with “Well know I’m a rockstar ballet” I giggled and said with slight correction “You certainly are a rockstar ballerina”, she hummed and sang all the home.

3. Miss 4 loves dinosaurs and when we sing Twinkle Twinkle [name_m]Little[/name_m] Star… so we bought her a book no questions when we spotted it called “Rumble, [name_f]Rumble[/name_f] Dinosaur” set to the tune of the lullaby, every custodial time, every night that book is bought out and asked to be read, I’ve tried getting other dinosaur books but nope, this is the one, she is quite an adamant little one.

3 Likes

It’s been full-swing [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] for me of late, and I’ve been listening to lots of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] carols in the car. Thus, M (the two-year-old I nanny), is also hearing said carols in the car when I drive her about! Her favorite is “tumpity tump” which is her name for “Frosty the Snowman.” What’s more… she only likes the [name_u]Perry[/name_u] [name_u]Como[/name_u] version. “I want Perry!” she’ll say, or “Actually, Gene!” when she wants to hear “Here Comes [name_f]Santa[/name_f] Claus” by [name_u]Gene[/name_u] [name_u]Autry[/name_u]. On the way to school this morning, she asked if we could visit [name_u]Perry[/name_u] (Como)’s house. So I told her, “Well, that would be so fun, huh. But… I don’t know where [name_u]Perry[/name_u] lives.” To which she replied, “Oh, well, I think he lives in a place called [name_u]New[/name_u] York.” :rofl: Her parents and I never talk to her about [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]York[/name_u]! Perhaps a book she’s been read? Oh, little miss M. She amazes me!

Her favorite musical artists of late are [name_u]Perry[/name_u] [name_u]Como[/name_u], [name_u]Nat[/name_u] [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_u]Gene[/name_u] [name_u]Autry[/name_u], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] Jackman, [name_f]Pink[/name_f], and [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]. Can’t fault the girl’s chaotic taste—it’s perfectly perfect for her. :rofl: Through tears and trials… she’s such a little dream. The world through her eyes is the funniest place.

5 Likes