Precious Proserpina: not enough prudence?

I have been playing with Proserpina for a few weeks. We are not TTC yet but will be soon and names keep coming in my head again and again.
[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about Proserpina? That’s another name for [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] in mythology, the wife of Hades. I am loving everything mystical,fairy and enchanting so Proserpina fits here. So smooth and lush, the name has bewitched boyfriend as well.
I would like something bright and fun as nickname. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nina[/name_f] are my top two for Proserpina but I think we could make it for Rhi as well(and don’t say you can’t get it, I like it unexpected). :wink:
For middle names(and we are doing two), I am thinking flamboyant but playful like Proserpina [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Altalune[/name_f], Proserpina [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Nemea[/name_f] or Proserpina [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Gwenore[/name_f].
Although we both love the name, I am afraid there is a lack of prudence to use it with sister [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]. What are your thoughts and opinions? Can you imagine Proserpina on a real child? I understand if you prefer [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] but try to think aside.
Thanks!

I actually prefer Proserpina to [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]. It’s gentler, more romantic, so wonderfully pink and happy. It’s actually one I’m toying with myself at the moment.

With sis [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] I want to put it more elegant names as middles though, I think a little sis deserves a name equally substantial and queenly. I think I know your style pretty well, so I’ll give you some suggestions:

Proserpina [name_f]Aemilia[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f]
Proserpina [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Gwenore[/name_f]
Proserpina [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Nemea[/name_f]
Proserpina [name_f]Nemea[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
Proserpina [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f]
Proserpina [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Gwenore[/name_f]/[name_f]Gwenore[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f]
Proserpina [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
Proserpina [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
Proserpina [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

Oh, nicknames! Prosie, [name_f]Posy[/name_f], Prose, [name_f]Pia[/name_f], [name_m]Pine[/name_m], Pina, [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?

I like goddess/mythical/fantasy names but…this one is not quite fitting right with me. I love the goddess and the story of death and rebirth associated with her but I tend to lean away from names that have a heavy association with death. I would go with something more like:

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] (or [name_f]Kora[/name_f] if you want to be more Greek) - meaning of “the maiden”, goes along with the whole Proserpina/[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] vibe.
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] - The roman goddess of growth, heavily associated with springtime like Proserpina/[name_f]Persephone[/name_f].
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - A goddess/nymph of flowers.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps you out!

I think it works very nicely with [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]!

Thanks Otter! You are right, you know my style and the suggestions are awesome! Proserpina [name_f]Aemilia[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f], Proserpina [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f] and Proserpina [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Gwenore[/name_f] are gorgeous and queenly for sure, Proserpina [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] is more spunky but equally great! I love the idea of using [name_m]Roman[/name_m] names again - I am almost set on a little [name_m]Guy[/name_m] by the way:).
You are toying with it too, how funny! I used to think about [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] as a middle name for a while but we have decided it matches [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] too much. Ha ha, I will go ahead and have a [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Summer[/name_f] then! joking :wink:
I like Prosie, [name_f]Posy[/name_f], Prose and [name_m]Pine[/name_m], they are big fun. I slightly prefer [name_f]Pia[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] but it’s absolutely cute anyway. I like how I can get something bright [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-like with elegant and sophisticated Proserpina - that’s my favorite way, like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] from [name_m]Galileo[/name_m].
Thank you very much dear!

Thanks, @author_in_writing!
Thank you too,@stormshine but you see I have a [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] so [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is out as she goes by it sometimes. I love [name_f]Maia[/name_f] much but prefer [name_f]Florence[/name_f] to [name_f]Flora[/name_f].
Also, berries, other names I like and may consider are in my signature.

In real life, I am not adventurous to use Proserpina myself but it’s a great name. I am not a fan of this myth, honestly, but she was beautiful and kind, the sound is wonderful as well. You daughter’s name, [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], is also quite brave choice so Proserpina fits nicely. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Posy[/name_f] or [name_f]Nina[/name_f] would be a nice nickname, down-to-earth enough for everyday life.
Proserpina [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Altalune[/name_f] is a lush combination and I like Proserpina [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f] suggested by [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]. What about Proserpina [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Altalune[/name_f] or Proserpina [name_f]Ismay[/name_f] [name_f]Agrippina[/name_f]? You have such an interesting naming style!

I think it is a nice name and fits nicely with [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]. There is a lovely picture by [name_m]Dante[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] Rossetti with that name and I thought of it when I read that name.

Thanks ladies!
@[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]: very helpful, thank you. I like Proserpina [name_f]Ismay[/name_f], not sure about [name_f]Agrippina[/name_f]. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] ideas.
@rgp: thank you much! I am soo surprised, I do think of this picture too! I wanted to include it in the post but I haven’t got enough time, that’s my favorite Proserpina image besides my own one.

I think Proserpina is a little adventurous if [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] is her sister. [name_f]One[/name_f] is solid, classic and familiar, while the other is a variation on an already unique name. I’m also not a huge fan of the sound of Proserpina: it has that “serp” root of serpent and serpentine. So to me it sounds like pro-serpent, or pro-serpentine. The Greek goddesses are already difficult names to bear for younger children especially, but to me, anyway, Proserpina is particularly harsh.

Recognizing what you mean about “thinking aside,” [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] flows a lot better to me. [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] are a lovely set, and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] has that softer sound that [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] has. [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Nemea[/name_f] is beautiful. I also love [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Asteria[/name_f] [name_f]Gwenore[/name_f].

Thanks for honesty, @bibliophile. Now I only need to make myself adore [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], keeping in my mind I already have [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]([name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]'s middle).

To be honest, I would like a few more replies so bumping…