Predictions for Boris Johnson’s baby boy!

British Prime Minister [name_u]Boris[/name_u] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m] and his fiancée [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] Symonds had a baby boy this morning.

His children from his previous marriage have fun names (and bear in mind they’re in their 20s now, so way ahead of the curve):

[name_f]Lara[/name_f] [name_f]Lettice[/name_f]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f] [name_f]Peaches[/name_f]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]

I’d be interested to hear your guesses for baby BoJo!

To me [name_u]Boris[/name_u]’s style seems quite eclectic and Telegraph-y.

I would guess:

[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]

I agree! Something slightly clunky-cool and old-fashioned would be my guess, or a quirky Telegraph-style name.

Her dog is called Dilyn, though, so it could be something more modern.

Maybe…

[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Bertram[/name_m]
[name_m]Alban[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Inigo[/name_m]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

I hope the middle name is something as unexpected as [name_f]Lettice[/name_f], [name_f]Peaches[/name_f] and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]. Maybe something to reflect the spirit of the times?

Endeavour
[name_m]Prosper[/name_m]
Steadfast
Endurance

(I think this is wishful thinking!)

Maybe they’ll use Symonds in the middle. Or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (his real first name), or de Pfeffel!

1 Like

[name_m]Rufus[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_u]Hero[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Valiant[/name_u]
[name_m]Merlin[/name_m] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] ([name_m]Fred[/name_m]/[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]) and then something very unexpected in the middle.

1 Like

@[name_f]Mirae[/name_f] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] is one of my top hunches for them. It’s “posh” and a little bit quirky, but approachably so. Plus, [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] and [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] are cute, current nicknames.

Your profile pic is :heart_eyes: by the way!

2 Likes

I saw a suggestion of [name_m]Digby[/name_m] or [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] somewhere I could see him using either of those too.

[name_m]Digby[/name_m] is a very good shout!

I think something very posh with a more mythological middle, my best guess would be [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] [name_m]Hector[/name_m]

Other Ideas
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]

1 Like

Ooh, [name_m]Percival[/name_m] would be rather fabulous!

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Hector[/name_m], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] strike me as particularly good bets too.

I wonder when they’ll announce the name?

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s not his normal style, I wouldn’t be surprised if [name_m]Tom[/name_m] or [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] was in the name. I think he’s going to want to generate good will and naming the baby after [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_m]Moore[/name_m] would do that!!

Otherwise, I think [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] is a good bet and I could see [name_m]Winston[/name_m] being in the name too. It has been 21 years since [name_u]Theo[/name_u] was born though, so his style may have changed! His last child was called [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], but I don’t think he was involved in naming her.

1 Like

Very good point!

They have named him [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m].

[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] after his grandfather, [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m] after her grandfather and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] after the two doctors that saved his life in intensive care. What an incredibly sweet sentiment. And if anyone has seen the baby they will observe he has his father’s full head of hair haha!

2 Likes

Ahh, lovely :heart_eyes:

Well done Berries! I think we nailed that one!

Quite possibly the easiest ‘celeb’ baby name to guess in years for me anyway. He looks so much like a little [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] too.

No surprises there. [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] was the bookies favourite. One of my favourite names now ruled out though… any BoJo connection is a dealbreaker for me!

1 Like