Preferred spelling of Finn-Lee?

See the results of this poll: You can pick more than one…

Respondents: 57 (This poll is closed)

• Fionnlagh (Irish) : 1 (1%)
  • Findlay (Scottish) : 23 (31%)
  • Finlay : 13 (17%)
  • Finley: 38 (51%)

I prefer [name_u]Finley[/name_u]

I think [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is sweet, and it’s definitely the most intuitive spelling in the US. I have no idea about [name_f]Scotland[/name_f], but I think [name_m]Findlay[/name_m] is also great! (I’d probably go with whichever is going to be messed up the least where you live.)

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] is my favourite. Not only is it the most intuitive, I also think it looks the best. I do have a gp crush on [name_m]Findlay[/name_m] though!

The Scottish one.

I voted for [name_u]Finlay[/name_u]. I would go with what’s most common in your area.

I love [name_u]Finlay[/name_u] and [name_m]Findlay[/name_m], although [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is nice too. But if you’re in [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] then my ultimate vote goes to [name_m]Findlay[/name_m].

My personal favourites are [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and [name_u]Finlay[/name_u], although [name_m]Findlay[/name_m] is nice as well. I would go with whichever is most intuitive where you live.

Thanks everyone! :smiley:

I like [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and I love how [name_m]Findley[/name_m] looks but I would intuitively say it slightly differently.

I love [name_u]Finlay[/name_u]. [name_m]Findlay[/name_m] is nice too! I love the look with the -ay as opposed to the -ey

Hmmm, looking both up… do you know which is the most traditional spelling ?

My preferred spelling is [name_u]Finley[/name_u].

If your going to do a lay look, I like [name_m]Findlay[/name_m]. Looks a bit more mystical, mysterious and complete.