Preferred Spellings of Haley and Kaylee?

I just used the most popular versions…which is your preferred spelling of [name]Haley[/name] and [name]Kaylee[/name]?

The ones I can think of:
[name]Haley[/name]
[name]Hayley[/name]
[name]Hailey[/name]
[name]Hayleigh[/name]
[name]Hailee[/name]
[name]Haylee[/name]

[name]Kaylee[/name]
[name]Kaley[/name]
[name]Kailey[/name]
[name]Kayley[/name]
[name]Kayleigh[/name]
Kaeleigh
[name]Kaileigh[/name]
[name]Kailee[/name]

Hate to be the first to be so blunt, but these are so overused, there can be no preferred spelling for me . . . I just don’t care for any of them.

Ditto. :frowning: I think the yooneek versions with the substitute Ys and eigh/ee endings make the names even trendier.

Ditto. :-([/quote]

Really Same here its not appealing to me. But if your really wondering [name]Haley[/name] And [name]Kaleigh[/name]. They look the best to me.

[name]Haley[/name] and Kaliegh deffinatly. I am not a particiular fan of either though. I wouldnt call them terrible. But i do think they are overused.

I like [name]Kaylee[/name], and either [name]Hailey[/name] or [name]Hayleigh[/name].

I’m in the camp of them being so overused and popular that there doesn’t really seem to be a preferred spelling… It’s not that they are horrible names, it’s just that are you prepared for your daughter to be 1 of 3-5 in their class?

I’m more ok with [name]Haley[/name] as a name than [name]Kaylee[/name]. If I had to chose, I like [name]Haley[/name] for a spelling, I do not like the usage of -leigh… it just screams I’m trying too hard to be different without picking a unique name…

Have you considered the following names which are less popular with a similiar vibe:

[name]Kailynn[/name]
[name]Kerris[/name] or [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] (Ha-layna or [name]Helen[/name]-a)
[name]Hadley[/name]

Is this for a character? I like [name]Hayley[/name] (like [name]Hayley[/name] [name]Mills[/name]) and [name]Kayleigh[/name] (like the 80s song by Marillion - although I read somewhere it was for someone named [name]Kay[/name] [name]Lee[/name], two names with a space in the middle). I was actually reading up on the name [name]Catherine[/name] and find [name]Kay[/name] and all the [name]Kayla[/name] names and [name]Kaylee[/name] name, and some that rhyme with either of those but start with another letter, are related to [name]Catherine[/name] - as [name]Kay[/name] is a standard, if uncommon these days, diminutive variant (i.e. nickname or such as like the name [name]May[/name] or [name]Molly[/name] are considered stand-alones derived from [name]Mary[/name]) of [name]Katherine[/name]… or really any name that starts with K, but it got linked to [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name]. Strangely, if you add a Ma or Mi or Mc to [name]Kayla[/name], the site I’m looking at links it to [name]Michaela[/name], but [name]Kayla[/name] is linked to [name]Catherine[/name]. That seems like an odd filing system, doesn’t it?

I also like the spelling [name]Haley[/name] - it’s a surname I’m familiar with, but it kind of looks too masculine! I can understand why so many people think they’re doing a good thing by sticking extra letters in it. The popular spelling [name]Kaylee[/name] seems most direct and least fussy, but I did fall in love with the name when I heard the song and consider ‘[name]Kayleigh[/name]’ the “correct” way to spell it - perhaps it’s their fault so many people “leigh up” other names that normally end in -lie, -ley, or -lee. Sorry to add so many extra thoughts to your question, but the “lee” names sort of remind me of the popularity of “een” names that seemed so with it in the 1940s, give or take a decade. I guess that’s enough thinking. Good luck with your choice.

I really love Haiyleey and Kayeleey! Lol jokes. I prefer [name]Hayley[/name] for a girl and [name]Haley[/name] for a boy (after the comet) and I prefer the [name]Kaleigh[/name] spelling.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

The comet was actually after [name]Edmond[/name] [name]Halley[/name]. People say Hail-ees [name]Comet[/name] but it’s actually [name]Hal[/name]-ee. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/[name]Halley[/name]'s_[name]Comet[/name]
Actually, it’s like Haw-ley, according to Mr. [name]Halley[/name]:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/[name]Halley[/name]'s_[name]Comet[/name]#Pronunciation

[name]Bill[/name] [name]Haley[/name] (pronounced Hay-lee) and His Comets was cleverly named pop group in the 1950s whose single “[name]Rock[/name] Around the Clock” was not only the original theme from “[name]Happy[/name] Days,” its release is considered the beginning of [name]Rock[/name] ‘n’ [name]Roll[/name], really brought rock ‘n’ roll from its fringe status to a movement.

[name]Just[/name] some FYI!

i don’t dislike them, they’re very pretty names, just very very overused… maybe in fifteen or twenty years when everyone’s stopped using them and forgotten all about them, it will be appealing again… but my kids will be fifteen or twenty by then and i don’t think i’ll be having anymore by that point in my life. lol…
anyway… to answer your question::
i prefer [name]Haylee[/name] and [name]Kailey[/name]…

The only [name]Kailey[/name] I personally know spells her name like that, but there is also an actress by this name, [name]Kaley[/name] Cuoco. I think these are both the best and simplest spellings.

I actually like the name [name]Hailey[/name] despite its popularity. I prefer the spellings [name]Hailey[/name], [name]Haley[/name], and [name]Halley[/name] (like the comet, though I think this is more [name]HAL[/name]-ee)…

I like [name]Hayley[/name] and [name]Kayley[/name] the best, but any spelling that doesn’t include “lee” or “leigh” is pretty much acceptable. They’re not bad names in and of themselves–it’s just that giving your kid one is sort of equivalent to tattooing “[name]BORN[/name] IN THE FIRST DECADE OF THE 2000s” on her forehead.

[name]Kayleigh[/name] is the standard spelling in [name]Scotland[/name]. It’s a pretty standard, been around a long time sort of name here. People don’t really use it on children anymore.

[name]Hayley[/name] is also the norm here (I think) - I also meet more grown up [name]Hayley[/name]'s than child or baby [name]Hayley[/name]'s in [name]Scotland[/name].

[name]Hailey[/name] and [name]Kailey[/name]

[name]Hayley[/name] and [name]Kayleigh[/name]…
[name]Hayley[/name] because you avoid the ‘hail’ connection and I think the -lee and -leigh endings are slightly tacky… Which brings me to [name]Kayleigh[/name] which is the exception to the rule, I like it spelled like this because of the 80’s Marillion song as well (I saw someone else mention it). If it weren’t for that I’d prefer [name]Kylie[/name] which is slightly different but more adult sounding because the ee sound isn’t repeated… [name]Kaylie[/name] I guess if [name]Kylie[/name] doesn’t count…

[name]Haley[/name] or [name]Hayley[/name] and [name]Kaley[/name]

I don’t like all the extra letters in some of these versions. [name]Hayley[/name] due to [name]Hayley[/name] [name]Mills[/name]!

[name]Haley[/name] and [name]Kaley[/name].

[name]Hailey[/name]
[name]Hayleigh[/name]

[name]Kayley[/name]
[name]Kayleigh[/name]

You could also change the K to a C - [name]Cailee[/name], etc. My [name]SIL[/name] was going to spell her baby’s name [name]Haileigh[/name], but I think they changed it to [name]Hayleigh[/name].

They ARE very popular, but I love the spelling [name]Hailey[/name]. I knew one in high school and she was just so much fun to talk to and a really sweet girl!