Pregnant with a girl.

We’re pregnant, and expecting a girl. We have a shortlist of names, but want to know what people think of them. We’re 90% sure of which one we are using, but need to hear some opinions from people who are outside our friendship group/family.

[name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Cheryl[/name] are the middle name options (These are our mothers names, I like them anyway!)

Here are the names we like:

Lumen
[name]Shoshana[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] or [name]Martha[/name]
[name]Emmanuelle[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]

What do you think?

My favorite from your list has to be [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], Second is [name]Shoshana[/name] [name]Margaret[/name].

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is my favorite.

I love the name [name]Margaret[/name] and I’m nuetral on [name]Cheryl[/name]. As far as your first names list,

Lumen- I work in a sporting goods store so this reminds me of how you measure how bright a flashlight is (in lumens), I can see the potiential as a name however.It’s interesting and different and you could have the NN [name]Lulu[/name] or any varients of that.

[name]Shoshana[/name]-It’s ok, if you go with this I would pair it with [name]Margaret[/name] as opposed to [name]Cheryl[/name]-you would end up with a lot of the same repeating sound

[name]Mabel[/name] or [name]Martha[/name]-I like [name]Mabel[/name] better than [name]Martha[/name]-[name]Mabel[/name] reminds me of [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Jamie[/name] Buckman’s daughter, can’t remember the name of the tv show at this particular moment.[name]Mabel[/name]=(M)others (A)lways (B)ring (E)xtra (L)ove. [name]Martha[/name] reminds me of Ms. [name]Stewart[/name], whom personally I can’t stand, nothing wrong with the name just personal opinion.

[name]Emmanuelle[/name]-I like that you could use the NN [name]Emme[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name], but it reminds me of church songs(which might not be a bad thing to you :slight_smile: ), but for me I would not choose it.

[name]Sadie[/name]- I used to like this name until a girl I work with ruined it for me.Also, after talking to my mom about said girl she made a point that it reminds her of the word sadistic :? …

Please take this with a grain of salt, I do not mean to hurt feelings and remember these are just my personal opinions and life experiences and also the first thing that comes to mind when I hear these names!!!

1 [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
2 Lumen [name]Cheryl[/name]
3 [name]Shoshana[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
those would be my top three picks. Good [name]Luck[/name].

[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
(:

My top 3 would be:

1. [name]Shoshana Margaret[/name] - I’ve never been greatly keen on [name]Susanna[/name], but I adore [name]Shoshana[/name]. While it may look like a mouthful for some, I think it’s so unusual and beautiful. It’s not one I’d use myself, but I’d love to see it on another’s child. I adore the idea of [name]Sosie[/name] as a nikname as well, so cute!

2. [name]Mabel Margaret[/name] - [name]Mabel[/name] is so vintage and sweet, such a lovely choice. It reminds me of a show called Come Outside (UK, was on when I was little) and the main characters were Aunty [name]Mabel[/name] and a dog called [name]Pippin[/name]. I actually love that association, brings back fond memories. Also, if you’re a nickname person then [name]May[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] are really cute for a child.

3. [name]Emmanuelle Margaret[/name] - I only began liking [name]Emmanuelle[/name] recently, but there is something really special about it. I’m not religious so nothing going on for me there, but something about it just glows in my opinion. It’s a sweet alternative to the overused [name]Emma[/name], and again if you’re into nicknames there’s so many - [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emme[/name], [name]Emmie[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Nell[/name], [name]Nelly[/name], [name]Nella[/name], [name]Mel[/name], [name]Allie[/name] etc etc. You could probably squeeze Lumen out of this as a nickname if you really wanted to.

I also think [name]Martha[/name] is lovely, and I’m intrigued by Lumen… I prefer Lumi”re, but Lumen is very interesting too.

And another unrelated note, but have you considered [name]Meryl[/name] to honour both mothers, or even [name]Charlotte[/name] (not as obviously, but has the ‘Ch’ and the ‘l’ from [name]Cheryl[/name], and the ‘ar’ and ‘otte’/‘et’ from [name]Margaret[/name])?