Pretentious or not?

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the forum and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I don’t think it’s pretentious at all! I even went to school with a girl with four middle names, but that is probably rare. I find one middle combos easier to come up with hypothetically, but I would also likely use double middles if I had children so I could use as many names as possible (there are just too many good ones!)


In practice, most people don’t know eachother’s middle names, so I think there’s a lot more leeway than with first names that get used all the time.


Honestly I don’t really have an opinion on the number of middle names? [name_m]Like[/name_m] I wouldn’t assume anything about you or your children whether your kids had one, two, three or even ten middles (although I’d certainly be curious if they had more than two!). I don’t really understand why it’s seen as pretentious to be completely honest, since I’ve known plenty of people with two middle names who are definitely not pretentious people. It’s not something I would really think about in terms of someone else’s kids. If you have one middle name, then I don’t think it’s any weirder to add another one since they’re not used frequently anyway. Most people wouldn’t really know if [name_f]Jane[/name_f] was [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Smith[/name_f] or [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Smith[/name_f].

2 Likes