Pretty name found in baby name book....

Have you heard of Malana? It’s just like [name]Alana[/name] but with an M. I have heard several different variations of this – [name]Milena[/name], [name]Milana[/name], [name]Malina[/name], etc. It is Hawaiian and means “light, buoyant.”

I recently started a thread about different ways to pronounce [name]Milena[/name], as we love that name but want something more phonetic. I think we might have found that with Malana?

I think it’s quite pretty and very feminine. What are your thoughts? And is it easily pronounced and spelled?

I like it! I think Hawaiian names are so beautiful. I lived on Maui for four years and stored away some good ones as I heard them :).

I wouldn’t have though Malana was pronounced like [name]Alana[/name]. I would have pronounced it Mah-lay-nuh.

I think it’s pretty but I don’t think it’s completely foolproof from mispronunciation (I’m assuming the pronunciation is [name]Mal[/name]-ah-nah, but people might also say [name]Mal[/name]-anna or [name]Mal[/name]-ay-nah). However, practically any name is going to get mispronounced now and then (except for super common or super traditional names). You should just use whichever form of the name you like the most.

Malana is intriguing. The appeal of [name]Malia[/name] but the longer, feminine feel of [name]Milena[/name]/[name]Melina[/name]/[name]Milana[/name]/etc. I know a little girl named [name]Milana[/name], I think it’s nice, but of all the options, I prefer [name]Milena[/name] and [name]Malia[/name] the most.

I’m not sure of this name. [name]Milana[/name] reminds me of Milanta which is a stomach medicine. Not too fond of it.

I love Malana! Or even the spelling Malaina…

[name]Lovely[/name]! I would love to meet a little girl with this name.

[name]Love[/name] it. I think it would easy to pronounce, but I’m Hawaiian and grew up surrounded by the language and names. It is pronounced Ma-lah-nah, just like [name]Alana[/name] with a M. Beautiful!

Malana is a pretty name, as are the other variations of [name]Malia[/name] and [name]Milana[/name]. You might get people mispronouncing it, but to me it looks like Ma-lah-nah. it’s not a common name either, which is a plus!

I think it’s pretty. It does have a very tropical feel, and I like that.

The definition fits it perfectly, what a beautiful find!

I’ve heard it before, I’m using [name]Milana[/name] as the name for a character in my book haha. Her nickname is [name]Mila[/name] (Mee-la)

[name]Melena[/name] is the medical term for pooping out large quantities of blood, so it’s a no-go for me.

It randomly makes me think of the [name]Milano[/name] cookies, lol. But I like it