Pretty religious names or with religious connotations

I would personally love to use a religious name for our daughter or a name with religious connotations whether that be through meaning or because of a saints name.

Some ideas that we have are [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f]/[name_f]Eva[/name_f]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f].

The thought to use a religious name is fairly new to us so we don’t have many names or any real favourites (although I am leaning towards [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]) hence why I am asking on here.

I wouldn’t consider [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] a religious name. Neither would I consider [name_f]Colette[/name_f] to be particularly religious.

Maybe [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], [name_f]Bethany[/name_f], [name_f]Thekla[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] or [name_u]Jael[/name_u]. In terms of meanings… maybe [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

Also, by religious (going by your current ideas) I am assuming you mean [name_m]Christian[/name_m].

Yes, sorry I should have be more clear. I do mean [name_m]Christian[/name_m], didn’t mean to offend anybody.

Some more suggestions :
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]

I can’t tell what your question is, exactly. In general, people use names with religious connotations a lot of the time, so to me there’s nothing unusual about that. Of the names you list, [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] (though not [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or [name_f]Evie[/name_f]) feel more linked to Christianity than the others do, and I don’t think of [name_f]Colette[/name_f] as having religious connotations at all.

If you’re looking for new ideas, there’s a list of biblical girl names here: Biblical Girl Names | Nameberry , a list of biblical place names here: 31 Biblical Place Names | Nameberry , and a list of saints’ names for girls here: Saint Names for Girls | Nameberry

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] are the only names that have very obvious [name_m]Christian[/name_m] connections. The others are good if you’d like a “hidden” meaning of the name. You’ll be amazed at how many “hidden meaning” names you can find once you start to look!

[name_f]Virtue[/name_f] names like [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f] are pretty popular in [name_m]Christian[/name_m] circles. Also popular are the Biblical classics such as [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]. Trending more recently are the off-road Biblical picks like [name_f]Selah[/name_f], [name_f]Havilah[/name_f], Bethlehem; and gender-benders [name_u]Micah[/name_u] and [name_u]Elisha[/name_u].

This is a good place to start: Female / Women Saints A-Z - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online

Haha, I see that someone suggested [name_f]Thekla[/name_f]. [name_f]Thecla[/name_f], [name_f]Tecla[/name_f], [name_f]Tekla[/name_f] (my name!), or [name_f]Thekla[/name_f] are all valid international variations on Theokleia (thee-oh-[name_m]KLAY[/name_m]-uh), an Ancient Greek name meaning “God’s glory.” Religious! Also, there was a saint named [name_f]Thecla[/name_f]. On that note…

Other Greek [name_u]Theo[/name_u]- names (as “theo” means “God” in Greek, but something different in Germanic):
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]– “Gift of God.”
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]- “Gift of God.”
[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]- “Giving to God.”
[name_f]Theophania[/name_f]- “Manifestation of God.” Actually, the name [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] is derived from this.
[name_f]Theophila[/name_f]- “[name_m]Friend[/name_m] of God.”

Other Names With Godly Meanings:
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]- “[name_m]Lion[/name_m] of God.” Traditionally male but now more common on girls.
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]- “She who is loved by the Gods.” The áss part means “God,” and fríðr means “beloved/beautiful.” This is my sister’s name.
Chioma- “Good God.”
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]- “My God has answered.”
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]- “My God is an oath” or “my God is abundance.” Variation of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].
[name_f]Godiva[/name_f]- “Gift of God.”
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]- “Dew from God.”

Biblical Names:
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Ester[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

Saints:
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabina[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Joan[/name_u]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Celine[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Therese[/name_f]

I strongly recommend checking out [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Dinah[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], and [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]. :slight_smile: [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

A few Bible place names:
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Belen[/name_f] (common name in Spanish; Spanish word for Bethlehem)
Aramea
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

[name_u]Angel[/name_u] names:
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelique[/name_f]

Prayer / Generally spiritual names:
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] (evening prayers)
[name_f]Ora[/name_f] (means gold, but also Spanish for “to pray”)
[name_f]Alma[/name_f] (soul)
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Caridad[/name_f] (charity)

[name_f]Temperance[/name_f]
[name_f]Prudence[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]