Pretty Sounding S Names For Girls?

Please can u suggest since pretty sounding S names for girls that are feminine but uncommon. They can range from very unusual to underused classics as long a they’re not currently popular in the UK, i.e. top 200.

Names I like but can’t use for various reasons such as partner doesn’t like, too popular, bad associations etc are:

[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Sancia[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]

I’m open to any suggestions, just really want an S name since the initial has personal meaning to me. My kate grandmother’s initials were SS.

Thanks guys!

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Sabella[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Sidonia[/name]
[name]Samara[/name]
[name]Sylvana[/name]
Serilda
[name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Selina[/name]
[name]Sibyl[/name]

[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Slade[/name]
[name]Samara[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name] (sid-DOEN-ee)
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Sailor[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Starr[/name]
[name]Stacey[/name]
[name]Sabine[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Sinclair[/name] (sin-[name]CLAIRE[/name])
[name]Sarai[/name]

[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Sakura[/name]
[name]Sally[/name]
[name]Salome[/name]
Samaire
[name]Sandra[/name]
[name]Saoirse[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name] (Savvy?)
Saveria
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Schuyler[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] – although this makes me think of a dog! :lol:
[name]Selah[/name]
[name]Seneca[/name]
[name]Sephora[/name] – although I do not recommend this for a real-life person, being that it is a chain of cosmetics store
[name]September[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name]
[name]Shannon[/name]
[name]Sharon[/name]
[name]Shea[/name]
[name]Shirley[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Sierra[/name]
[name]Sinead[/name]
[name]Siobhan[/name]
Siofra
[name]Socorro[/name]
Sohalia
[name]Sojourner[/name]
[name]Solange[/name]
[name]Soleil[/name]
[name]Sonia[/name]
[name]Sonnet[/name]
[name]Sonora[/name]
[name]Sophronia[/name]
[name]Sorcha[/name]
[name]Sosie[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Stevie[/name]
[name]Summer[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Sunny[/name]
[name]Susan[/name]
Svea
[name]Svetlana[/name]
[name]Sydney[/name]

I hope that helps and that I didn’t repeat any!

I too have been looking for a pretty S name with a little vintage flair, and not overly popular…Much more difficult than I thought! The ones I have been playing around with (but not yet in love with!):

[name]Sariah[/name]
[name]Serenity[/name]
[name]Surra[/name]/Sura
[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Sanchia[/name]
[name]Sanna[/name]
Savaya
Sopheary

But nothing has “stuck yet” Let me know what you find!

[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Salestia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Sheridan[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps(:

@ [name]Cressida[/name] - I like [name]Sabella[/name] (but can’t use it because [name]Mirabel[/name]'s high on my list), [name]Sidonia[/name], [name]Samara[/name] (but partner previously vetoed it), [name]Silvia[/name] (partner vetoed it), [name]Simone[/name] (bad association) and [name]Selina[/name].

So [name]Selina[/name] and [name]Sidonia[/name] will be going on the list :slight_smile: There seem to be many spellings of [name]Selina[/name], [name]Selena[/name], [name]Celina[/name], [name]Solina[/name], [name]Solena[/name] etc…which is everyone’s fav/the norm?

@ livi34 - I like [name]Selena[/name] (see above), [name]Samara[/name] (see above), [name]Scarlett[/name] (but it’s too popular), [name]Sidonie[/name] and [name]Sarai[/name], so [name]Selena[/name], [name]Sidonie[/name] and [name]Sarai[/name] will also be added to the list :slight_smile:

@ nicole_1024 - I like [name]Sadie[/name] (but have one in the family), [name]Salome[/name], [name]Saoirse[/name] (but don’t think I can get past the spelling/pronunciation difficulties), [name]Savannah[/name] (but too popular), [name]Sienna[/name] (too popular), [name]Soleil[/name], [name]Sonnet[/name], [name]Sosie[/name] and [name]Summer[/name] (too popular). So [name]Salome[/name], [name]Soleil[/name], [name]Sonnet[/name] and [name]Sosie[/name] are also going on the list, and I’m particularly loving [name]Sosie[/name]! So cute :slight_smile:

So my tentative S list looks as follows right now (with my own finds):

[name]Salome[/name]
[name]Sania[/name]
[name]Sarai[/name]
[name]Savita[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Selene[/name]
[name]Selina[/name]
[name]Severine[/name]
[name]Sidonia[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name]
[name]Siran[/name]
[name]Sirena[/name]
[name]Solana[/name]
[name]Soleil[/name]
[name]Solene[/name] (so-LEHN)
[name]Sonnet[/name]
[name]Sosie[/name]

What does everyone think of these options? Favourites? Lease favourites?

@ withinreason - I know it’s not easy is it!! Lol. I like [name]Sariah[/name], but my partner hears “psoriasis”. I was madly in love with [name]Sancia[/name] and [name]Sanchia[/name] for a long time but my partner couldn’t get on board sadly, I still think it’s beautiful though. [name]Sanna[/name] and [name]Sanne[/name] have been on the list for a while but I’m finding them a little “plain”, do you know what I mean? Savaya is interesting…what’s the history/origin?

I just posted my list so far so I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

@ bae 123 - [name]Salestia[/name] is very interesting…is it a version of [name]Celeste[/name]? I like the way it looks and sounds! Thank you :slight_smile: