pretty sure???

ok not so sure???..

I think we narrowed it down to two names. [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name].

I love [name]Charlotte[/name]! ( I say shar-let)
I love that it is two syllables and for me it evokes the kind of girl I would my daughter to be
Things I hate: It has “harlot” in it, it is not spelled as it is pronounced, I hate all the nicknames…

I also love [name]Claire[/name]!
I love that it is simple and classic.
Things I hate: It is only one syllable, my DH doesn’t like “clairebear” nickname that I adore.

I am leaning towards [name]Claire[/name].

The only other name we like is [name]Elizabeth[/name] my DH only likes it as a middle for some reason, while I kind of like it as a backup plan for the first name, it has so many nicknames, we could figure out what to call her later…plus I love love pride & prejudice and also it is a family name on my husband’s side.

I’m [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], I love my name now. It was a big name for a little girl and I always went by my nickname until college.

Well I’m no help, cause I adore them both. I love [name]Charlotte[/name] for the NN [name]Lottie[/name]. I think thats just darling. And [name]Claire[/name], well [name]Claire[/name] is just cute. And I also love the NN Clairebear. <3

Have to echo the sentiments of the previous poster - won’t be able to actually vote for one or the other… [name]Love[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], it’s about our first choice right now with time running out. I know what you mean about it not being spelled the way it is pronounced; but i kind of think it’s well known and established enough that that doesn’t matter if you know what I mean… Also I do love [name]Lottie[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]… but since you don’t, I don’t think 2 syl’s would be awful to say all the time; and i guess it depends if you like the “[name]Shar[/name]” nn or even “Sharly” … I don’t really think about the harlot thing; i mean i recognize it, just doesn’t bug me at all.

[name]Claire[/name] is also an awesome choice that I think we’d have on our shortlist if i didn’t have somewhat negative personal associations with it. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Clairey[/name] as a pet name? (I assume you’ve considered [name]Clara[/name] to remedy your 1 syllable issue) I always really like it when I hear [name]Claire[/name] among someone’s sibset. It feels totally classic and simple as you said. [name]Claire[/name]-bear is cute; I bet your hubby wouldn’t be able to help using it himself once in awhile! (kay, maybe)

Good luck with the choice!

Our daughter is [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I swore up and down that I would NOT call her [name]Claire[/name] bear. Well, that lasted about 2 days… :slight_smile: I love the nn and it is super cute for a little girl.

I really like [name]Charlotte[/name], too. I had a friend named [name]Charlotte[/name] growing up and she was one of the sweetest girls you could ever meet.

I prefer [name]Charlotte[/name], but I see the appeal of [name]Claire[/name]. I have a niece named [name]Claire[/name] and her nn is [name]Clairey[/name]-fairy, if that’s any help :slight_smile: Good luck!

I love both names, but lately I’m hugely name-crushing on [name]Claire[/name], it goes with just about everything! I love it :slight_smile: