Prince Charles & Princess Diana throwback names

A few weeks back during the royal wedding I was talking to a friend about names and royal baby names and she asked me a question I had never though of.

If [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] had a third child, a daughter, what do you realistically think they would have named her?

I figured since there was so many good guesses from this forum when [name_m]Will[/name_m] & [name_f]Kate[/name_f] had baby #3 I’d see what you come up with. All we could agree on was that she would have 4 names just like [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and that she wouldn’t be named [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (because [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] would have been still alive at time).

I very much agree that it’s very interesting to think about what might have been. I think it’s been said before that when [name_f]Diana[/name_f] was pregnant with [name_m]Harry[/name_m], that [name_m]Charles[/name_m] really wanted a baby girl. Totally agree that had they had said third baby and it been a daughter she would’ve definitely had four names just like [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Harry[/name_m]. With four names there are countless options. You have to think I have [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_f]Diana[/name_f]’s naming style and how it evolved from [name_m]William[/name_m] to [name_m]Harry[/name_m]. They definitely used honor names a bit but also they seem to relax a little bit more when they got to [name_m]Harry[/name_m]’s name so maybe they would have relaxed even a bit more if they had a third. So my guesses as to possible first name for a daughter would be
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]-would honor [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as it is one of her middle names. Also lends itself to many nicknames and seems quite regal
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]- after [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]’s mother
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]- after [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]’s favorite sister
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]-female version of [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want to [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] the fifth
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nicknamed [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]-also to honor [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] but with the nickname [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] has a slightly funkier and younger edge to it

As for middle name options there are so many different combos but possible options might have included any of the previously given options for first names and maybe
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]-Not after [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] who I don’t think [name_f]Diana[/name_f] get along with but as an owner name for the queen mother because one of her middle names was [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]. And prince [name_m]Charles[/name_m] loved his grandmother and was said to have a close bond with her.
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]-The name of princess [name_f]Diana[/name_f]‘s sister
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]-female version of [name_m]Louis[/name_m] in honor of [name_m]Louis[/name_m] Mountbatten
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]-[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]’s mother’s middle name
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]- [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]‘s middle name as well as her mother’s name

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

I don’t know if this is true, but I’m sure I read somewhere that [name_f]Diana[/name_f] liked the name [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] for a girl.

I know for a fact that [name_f]Diana[/name_f] wouldn’t have chosen anything that she felt was “too old”. I think she probably would’ve chosen [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] or [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] if she had a daughter.