Princess Eugenie’s baby

Was anyone else hanging out to hear the name of princess [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]’s little boy?

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Hawke!!

Wdyt?

Edited to correct typo!

6 Likes

I think it’s a beautiful name!

2 Likes

I moved this to #celebrity-baby-names

1 Like

Gorgeous name! [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Philip[/name_m] are in my top 10 for boys, so of course I love it!

2 Likes

I really like it too! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] and the combo sounds really cool

3 Likes

August was one of the names I thought they might go for. I thought [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] was more likely, but I wasn’t surprised by [name_u]August[/name_u].

It’s so pretty! I love both [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] (though I prefer the [name_m]Philip[/name_m] spelling), so it’s perfect to me.

It’s actually spelt [name_m]Philip[/name_m] (the same as his great grandfather), the OP just got the spelling wrong.

2 Likes

It’s [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Hawke Brooksbank, according to the [name_m]Palace[/name_m].

Since it appears that HRH The [name_u]Duke[/name_u] of Edinburgh is not doing well, I’m pleased that [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] chose to honor him with [name_m]Philip[/name_m]. [name_u]August[/name_u] is in honor of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m], The [name_m]Prince[/name_m] Consort, as one of his names was [name_m]Augustus[/name_m].

4 Likes

I really like it! Especially their choice of [name_u]August[/name_u]. [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] is a royal name so it has connections, but [name_u]August[/name_u] is not exactly a classic royal name so it’s refreshing to see.

2 Likes

Apologies for the typo!

1 Like

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] and was pleasantly surprised to see it used!

1 Like

I think it’s lovely! A great mix of traditional and modern. [name_u]August[/name_u] is such a lovely name, and would be near the top of my list if it dodnt clash with my partner’s surname.

2 Likes

I like [name_u]August[/name_u] for a boy.

I love it! I think they made a fantastic choice. :slight_smile: