Problems with this possible sibset???

I wanted to get opinions on this possible sibset…

[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Eleanore[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] these 2 names but then I noticed something that made me not want to use them together… Im not going to say what it is yet… i want to see if anyone else knows what the problem might be… see if the general public would think of what i noticed!

If you think there is something ODD about this sibset tell me why!

Thanks!

( i will post why I think its odd once a few people have answered!)

all i can think of is the chipmunk and his girlfriend chipmunk, but this is only because I am a child of the eighties when they were really big. If they go by [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] there that shouldn’t be an issue though.they are both nice classical names.

I don’t see any problems with it. [name]Both[/name] names are really lovely. I don’t associate [name]Theo[/name] / [name]Theodore[/name] with the chipmunks… though I am a thousand’s kid. The only thing I notice is that they both end in the “ore” sound, but the nicknames prevent that from being a serious issue. I think both names are really nice!

That they rhyme? That would be enough to turn me off from using both. It’s too bad as they’re great names.

I, too, think they’re a little too rhyme-y to use together though they’re both great names. [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] work great, I think, but [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] sound too similar for my taste.

All I can think of is that together, [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] sound quite close to [name]Theodora[/name]… that wouldn’t be a deal-breaker for me, though! [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] are really sweet together.

Is it the Roosevelts? That is straight where my mind went but I have always been a history buff and one of my grandfathers was named after [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name] so that connection is close to me. No one else seems to be picking up on this so I guess it would not be a problem, unless you name a third boy [name]Franklin[/name] :wink:

I’m turned off of it because of how much they rhyme. I think They sound good together, but -ore at the end is a little much. [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] are great! [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] are nice. [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] are great.

My mind went to the Roosevelts, is that the problem?

Besides that all I can think of is that they are a bit matchy. I think if you spelled it [name]Elinor[/name] or even just dropped the “e” it would help them seem less matchy.

I think of the Roosevelts.

[name]Both[/name] full names end in -ore? That is the only think I can think of. I personally think they are cute together, if a little rhyme-y.

I just read through everyone else’s thoughts (didn’t want to see their’s before I posted my first reactions). The [name]Roosevelt[/name] thing is there, but honestly I think it would only be an issue if you were going with [name]Eleanore[/name] and [name]Franklin[/name]. That may be a little odd, seeing as they were husband and wife. But still doable as many may not even make the connection.

On a side note, I love the name [name]Theodore[/name] because, among other reasons, I love [name]Teddy[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name]. He was a pretty fantastic guy and pretty stellar president as far as presidents go.

I like [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name], but not as siblings. They rhyme so it’s just too odd for me. :confused:

Im glad I posted this!

I had thought of the Chipmunks as I am a child of the 80’s as well ( someone else said the same)… I hadn’t even thought of the Rooselvelts or the rhyming!

I would probably use [name]Eleanora[/name]… but now i think i better find soemthing else!

My name is [name]Eleanora[/name], but it’s pronounced ee-[name]Leah[/name]-[name]Nora[/name]…
I love having a different name! [name]Don[/name]'t know if you would like it, but thought I would share!