Prompt + Blurb 🍂

a title and blurb spin-off!

what’s different (it’s simple!)

instead of giving a title for the next poster, you give a creative prompt!

prompt ideas:

1. include these words in your blurb: “…”
  2. your blurb has this theme: “…”
  3. your main character “…”
  4. the first word of your blurb is “…” and the last word is “…”

or anything else you can think of!

first prompt:

include these words in your blurb: “i can’t! i’m in the middle of a road…”

2 Likes

After a falling out with her sister [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] [name_u]Collins[/name_u] hadn’t heard from her in over five years. Until a strange package winds up her doorstep from [name_f]Mary[/name_f] with a tape recorder inside. “I can’t! I’m in the middle of a road,” was the only thing on it. Within a few minutes [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] realizes it’s a cry for help in their childhood secret language.

As she stumbles upon more clues and more people who knew her sister, [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] starts to wonder if she ever really knew [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. A startling find leaves [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] reeling and as her life starts to crumble she knows finding [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is the only hope to set things right.

Next: the first word is ‘Roses’ and the last word is ‘hope’.

3 Likes

Our Sticky Note

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
[name_f]Believe[/name_f] it or not…

A year ago, [name_f]Posie[/name_f] [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] would have liked to say that the last line said “I hate you.” But since the bottom of the sticky note was wet and smudged, she couldn’t say for sure. All she knew was that it was [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] Quinn’s handwriting, and she would die if she was seen in public within a ten foot radius of the school geek.

But over the summer, everything about [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] changed. He cut his hair, changed his wardrobe, got contacts… and evidently found a face wash that worked. Suddenly all the girls in school were after [name_m]Mateo[/name_m], but the only thing he would say to them was “The sticky note remains.”

[name_m]Just[/name_m] when [name_f]Posie[/name_f] was about to work up the courage to give in, her parents got divorced. All in a moment, [name_f]Posie[/name_f] was moved to a new home and a new school five hundred miles away.

Despite the distance, [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] and [name_f]Posie[/name_f] are determined to rewrite the stars and frame that sticky note. There’s always hope.

Next: MC’s name is Tumble

1 Like

bump!

So, uh, this may technically be cheating, but I like this concept and also could never stand outright naming a character Tumble (poor kid, honestly), so… here’s a bit of a work-around for that so this doesn’t just never get another blurb.

We’ll All Fall Down

“Maybe being Izzy’s favourite character isn’t all it’s… uh, cracked up to be,” I tried to joke, but [name_f]Flora[/name_f] wasn’t smiling.

And honestly, neither was I.

While she’s in no way a ‘TV star’ like her little sister claims, the unbearably awkward videos in which [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] plays at being ‘Tumble’ — who’s really never the same thing twice — to entertain basically everyone else in the house are strangely popular in the family. She gave it up months ago, naturally, but now something much worse than simply embarrassing herself for Izzy’s enjoyment is happening… and it’s all Tumble’s fault.

So naturally that means it’s Tilly’s fault, and thus she has to work out what’s happening.

But Tilly’s investigation’s only going to be slightly heeded by a new need for Tumble to make an appearance, with one sister in hospital and the other terrified of the next bad thing happening to her… and while maybe the best idea is not to pretend at all anymore, she’s never really been the most sensible person.

(After all, ‘Tumble’ has that name for a reason…)

Next: Your main characters are identical twins

3 Likes

There [name_m]Can[/name_m] Be Only One
The curse of the [name_m]Marshal[/name_m] family only comes up every few generations- after all, how many sets of identical twins can there be in a family? But, after all, it does happen, and when it does, everyone knows only one can survive the coming years.

[name_f]Zelie[/name_f] [name_m]Marshal[/name_m] was born exactly fifty-eight minutes before her sister [name_f]Milia[/name_f]. This, as far as she is concerned, makes her the eldest and therefore the best. When she is told about the curse, she is mortified to learn that the curse favours the older twin. She can three three options:

1. She can let her sister win
  2. She beats her sister
  3. She can break the curse
    [name_f]Zelie[/name_f] wants her sister to survive, but she doesn’t want to die. So only one of those options makes sense. Now all she has to do I figure out how to break a curse.

Next: Your first word is ‘help’ and your last is ‘forever’

Lostborn

Help the people.

Save your kingdom.

Kill the Lostborn.

[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Adrianne[/name_f], potential future queen of Elmrin, is in trouble.

With her brother on the verge of death, and her kingdom about to collapse into a civil war unlike anything the Isles have experienced before, there’s a thousand problems that need to be solved, and there’s only one way to do that. If [name_f]Adrianne[/name_f] wants to save everything she’s ever known, she’ll have to find the person who poisoned her brother. And…

Well, the problem there is that’s easier said than done.

With a strange title being all she really has to go on, Adrianne’s adventure is inevitably going to be a strange one. But with the help of the person whose face the Lostborn stole, she’s going to have to succeed in her quest.

If she doesn’t, then the fate of Elmrin is sealed, and her world will be changed forever.

Your blurb centres on an unsolved mystery of some kind