pronounce it!

Okay so there is a name I love but I want people to pronounce it right so tell me how YOU would pronounce this name if you saw it!!

Halena

My maiden name was Halen so I would probably pronounce it:
Hay-len-ah
or
Hah-len-ah

I would probably pronounce it Huh-leen-ah or like [name]Helena[/name]

[name]Hal[/name]-En-A

hal-EN-uh…short vowel sounds. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce it?

I would say Ha - lay - na.

I’d probably say huh-LEH-nuh or huh-[name]LAY[/name]-nuh.

I would say hay-len-uh.

honestly this sucks because i want it to be pronounced Huh-lee-nuh. but it doesn’t seem to be the popular pronunciation and i would hate if she had to correct people forever. [name]Do[/name] you think it would help if i spelled it Heleena? To me that looks stupid, i really like [name]Helena[/name] but there are so many ways to say it… wdyt?

I know exactly what you mean…this name has been off and on our list because of the pronunciation issue. We like the pronunciation HEL-en-uh, like the capital of [name]Montana[/name]. Sadly it will probably be a no-go for us.

I did find this link with the spelling you had suggested:

If I were to use the name I would probably spell it the normal way and just be vigilant about correcting people. Question is…do you want to be doing that all the time… :?

I would say it Huh-[name]LAY[/name]-nuh, but only bc I knew a girl whose name was [name]Helena[/name] who said it that way.

I know a [name]Helena[/name] – pronounced huh-[name]LAY[/name]-na – and she usually has to correct the pronunciation (the default being HEL-eh-na like the capitol of [name]Montana[/name]) but people do eventually catch on. I would go with the traditional spelling ([name]Helena[/name]) and just correct the pronunciation as needed.

I hate non-traditional spellings, but if getting the pronunciation right on the first try is essential for you, how about Helina? I think most people would say that huh-[name]LEE[/name]-na without prompting.

Huh-[name]Laine[/name]-uh

I’d say Hu-[name]LAY[/name]-na.

yeah, its off the list. didnt realize it was as used as it is… I like very unusual names.