Pronounciation of Gywneira and Einmyria?

[name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce Gwyneira and Einmyria?

If you could also ass where you are from that would be great!

I’ve never heard of these names (Australia). I’m a teacher, and if I had a student in my class called this, I would guess at Gwin-NEE-ruh and eye-n-MI-ri-uh. Am I close? :slight_smile:

I would guess “gwin-AY-ruh” and “eye-n-MIH-ree-uh”?

[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] ([name_f]Gwen[/name_f]-ear-uh)

Einmyria (Ein-my-reah) Ein as you pronounce the ‘Ein’ in Einstein.

I am from the southern U.S. and haven’t heard of either of these. I feel Einmyria is going to get mispronounced a lot. [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] is pretty/unique!

[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] ([name_f]Gwen[/name_f]-ear-uh)

Einmyria (Ein-my-reah) Ein as you pronounce the ‘Ein’ in Einstein.

I am from the southern U.S. and haven’t heard of either of these. I feel Einmyria is going to get mispronounced a lot. [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] is pretty/unique!

[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] would be gwen-AY-rah and Einmyria would be eye-n-MY-ree-uh. I am certain on [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f]'s pronunciation, clueless on Einmyria’s though.

I’m from [name_f]England[/name_f].

Northeastern US
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] - gwin-ear-ah
Einmyria - ein(as in einstein)- meer- ee- ah

[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] would be gwe-NEER-rah in my head.
Einmyria: eyn-my-[name_f]REE[/name_f]-ah

I am from the MidWest.

What are you going for, pronunciation-wise?

I’m from the western US and have had both these names on my list
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f]: gwin-eye-ruh Pronunciations for gwyneira
Einmyria: Eye-n-meer-ee-uh

I’m from Northeast US and my first responses would be
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f]- [name_u]Gwin[/name_u]- near- a (Neir like the begining of [name_f]Keira[/name_f])
Einmyria- eyen(like einstein)- my- reah

Gywneira is one of my favorite names, and I’ve looked it up countless times, gwin-AY-ruh and gwin-EYE-ruh are both technically correct from what I can tell, but gwin-AY-ruh is the more common one.

Einmyria from what I can tell is pronounced like een-meer-ia

@easterbunny [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] is [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]-ay-rah, and I’m guessing based on the pronunciation of other Norse names Einmyria is [name_f]Ayn[/name_f]-meer-ee-a, but I’m not at all sure.

Gwi-ney-ra and I have no idea about Einmyria, probably In-mirr-ree-a (I as in [name_f]Isla[/name_f], mirr as in mirror).

Gwi-NEY-ruh. Not sure on the other one. Maybe ayn-MEER-ee-uh.