Pronounciation of Josephine?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m],
In rate my signature, some berries have said they don’t like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] because of the ‘[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]’ part. Whihc is fine, I get that. But I was wondering how you pronounce it. Due to part of my cultural background, I have been taught to pronounce names like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] Ho-se-phine.
[name_m]Just[/name_m] curious on your thoughts.
Thanks,
[name_u]Abi[/name_u]

I pronounce it [name_u]Jo[/name_u]-sah-feen, different from how I pronounce [name_m]Joesph[/name_m], [name_u]Jo[/name_u]-sif

I say it with a hard J, but it doesn’t sound like [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], either. It’s more like [name_u]JO[/name_u]-sah-feen or [name_u]JO[/name_u]-zafeen.

I say it like [name_u]JO[/name_u]-sa-feen, not quite the same as [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] I would say [name_u]Jo[/name_u]-seh-feen. I pronounce [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] like [name_u]Jo[/name_u]-seff. I would only pronounce [name_f]Josefina[/name_f] with the Ho- sound in the beginning. Or of course [name_m]Jose[/name_m].

[name_u]Jo[/name_u]-ze-feen or [name_u]Jo[/name_u]-se-feen, somehow, I use the first if it’s a middle name and the second if it’s a first name.

Yup this is how I pronounce both as well.

I say [name_u]JO[/name_u]-zsuh-feen. The zs is hard to explain, it’s like a z followed by an s in quick succession.

My name is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], and I pronounce it [name_u]Jo[/name_u]-sah-feen. My husband’s middle name is [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], which i pronounce [name_u]Jo[/name_u]-sif

This is how I say both names. (I have a neutral American accent with very slight [name_u]Texas[/name_u] influence, if it makes a difference.)

My one year old is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].
We mostly call her [name_u]Josie[/name_u].
But if saying her full name I would say [name_u]Jo[/name_u]-seh-phine is the closest.

I pronounce [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] as “[name_m]Joe[/name_m]-seh-feen”

I agree with this. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] I pronounce with [name_u]Jo[/name_u]- at the beginning. [name_f]Josefina[/name_f] I would pronounce with Ho- at the beginning.