Pronunciation of Grainne, please!

[name]How[/name] is this name pronounced? Can someone help me out?

graw- nya

I found this at this website. I love this site b/c you can listen to how Irish names are really pronounced!
http://www.babynamesofireland.com/pages/girl-names-d-g.html

[name]Grainne[/name] is pronounced Graw nya with slightly more emphasis on the broad Graw sound(rhymes with craw).It is a beautiful irish name that is the irish for [name]Grace[/name].[name]Diarmaid[/name] and [name]Grainne[/name] were famous in irish folklore one being associated always with the other.There is a fada on the a in [name]Grainne[/name].Good luck.

Ha ha are you reading the new [name]Marian[/name] [name]Keyes[/name] book? I am and [name]Grainne[/name] is one of the characters - I also wondered how this name was pronounced! Thanks!

Actually, this name was in the series about [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name]'s great grandmother who was born and raised in [name]Scotland[/name] and migrated to [name]Boston[/name], massachusetts in the USA. I have been reading all of the [name]Little[/name] House series to my daughter. She loves them. I think the author’s name is [name]Marie[/name] [name]Wilkes[/name].