Pros and Cons of Cassandra

Please hit me with some pros and cons for the name [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]! I also like [name_f]Kassandra[/name_f] so feel free to do that too if you like! Which spelling is better?

1 Like

I love [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]! Ancient, literary, [name_u]Cass[/name_u] and a [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] are great nicknames. I guess a con would be that it’s a little grand and almost certain to be shortened.

1 Like

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] is better.

I love [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f].
I love its length.
I love all its nn options — [name_u]Cass[/name_u], [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Sandra[/name_f], [name_f]Sande[/name_f], [name_f]Sandi[/name_f], Sands, [name_f]Andie[/name_f].
I love that it could also be [name_f]Cassandre[/name_f] or [name_f]Cassandry[/name_f] or Sandry.

I don’t have negatives.

1 Like

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]:

Pros:

Elegant and strong
Princessy but not frilly
Several potential nicknames -Cass, [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], [name_u]Sandy[/name_u], [name_u]Andy[/name_u], [name_f]Sandra[/name_f], [name_f]Andra[/name_f], [name_f]Candy[/name_f] -which feel versatile
Familiar but not popular these days
Cool meaning

Cons:

Niche but it reminds me of that thing from Dr Who. Probably not really relevant :grin:

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f],
Sounds elegant. [name_u]Love[/name_u] that it has three syllables. Fun to say. Rolls off the tongue. [name_u]Strong[/name_u], yet soft and feminine sounding at the same time.
[name_u]Love[/name_u] nickname [name_f]Cassie[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] is a great name! I like the length, sound, and nickname potential. I guess a con could be the name’s meaning?

1 Like

I love [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]! It was on my short list for my daughter.
Honestly my favorite thing about it is that the protagonist in one of my favorite books, I Capture the [name_m]Castle[/name_m], is named [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] and she’s the most likable protagonist ever.
I love the nickname [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]. So sweet.
I much prefer [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] over [name_f]Kassandra[/name_f].

1 Like

I guess there are two ways to pronounce it “Cass-andra” and “Cass-ondra” people mispronouncing it could be a con.

I really love the nickname [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] ever since watching Skins. I probably prefer Cassie/Cass to [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]. [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] is youthful, bouncy and bright while [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] feels a bit more serious.

2 Likes

I love it because of its history, especially because it was [name_f]Jane[/name_f] Austen’s sister.
No cons.

1 Like

i like kassandra !

it has literary and mythology roots, grand and timeless ! a perfect alternative to the alexandra family, definitely a warrior princess name :relieved: i also like nicknames cassie/kassie and andie for it

maybe a con is that it is quite long, and if you don’t like the intuitive nicknames those could be hard to avoid

1 Like