Protagonist Name Dilemma

Okay. Here’s the problem:

Her name was originally supposed to be [name_f]Alyanna[/name_f] Vetter. But, the government in this story (a sort of futuristic town in today’s world) has rules on what names people can and can’t use (because of meanings, things they link to or refer to, etc.). And [name_f]Alyanna[/name_f] is on the list of ones not available for use. So, I now like Lovaeh (like [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f], but “love” at the beginning) as her name, but I can’t use it with Vetter as her surname. And I don’t know what to use as her first name if I use Vetter as her surname.

So, what are some ideas for a last name to go with Lovaeh? And what are some ideas for a first name to go with Vetter? I’ll decide which to use (Lovaeh or Vetter) when I get recommendations, I guess. I have options for both things, the problem is I have too many to narrow it down or choose.

Requirements for first name (for the government to allow it):

Must not mean or refer to anything having to do with:
• [name_f]Music[/name_f]
• [name_u]Power[/name_u]/Royalty
• [name_u]Fire[/name_u]
• Beauty

I’ve been doing more unheard of names when naming other characters in the story.

For example, her family is:
[name_f]Leanna[/name_f] (mom)
[name_m]Kylen[/name_m] (dad)
[name_m]Maxton[/name_m] (brother)
Ashleia (sister)
Keithan (brother)

The last name options can be anything, as long as they’re not [name_m]Johnson[/name_m], or [name_m]Jones[/name_m], or [name_m]Smith[/name_m], or anything super popular as a last name. I’d like an interesting, more unheard of one, if possible.

Thank you to anyone who answers this!!

Lovaeh [name_f]Marice[/name_f] sounds cool for some reason.
Lovaeh [name_m]Dawson[/name_m]
Lovaeh [name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
Lovaeh [name_m]Usher[/name_m] - on second thought I just see love a usher which, while not being proper grammar (always remember when to use a and an :wink: ) is a bit weird…but I mean if you like it it’s not terrible
Lovaeh [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
Lovaeh Minson
Lovaeh Minton
Lovaeh [name_m]Hendrick[/name_m]

[name_f]Emalia[/name_f] Vetter
Avaleigh Vetter- means one who is strong and desired…not technically power but I don’t know if you want this. I’ll keep it in just in case :slight_smile:
[name_f]Rhonwen[/name_f] Vetter
Morianne Vetter - I think I just made this name up sorry
Andalyn Vetter
[name_f]Quintessa[/name_f] Vetter - one of my personal gp names.

Loveah [name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
Loveah Daltrey
Loveah McKellan
Loveah [name_m]Stone[/name_m]
Loveah [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m]
Loveah Briarwood
Loveah [name_u]Walker[/name_u]
Loveah [name_m]Warren[/name_m]

[name_f]Cassia[/name_f] Vetter
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f] Vetter
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] Vetter
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] Vetter
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f] Vetter
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] Vetter
[name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] Vetter
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f] Vetter

Thank you all for of your suggestions!!

I’ve narrowed all of them down to:

Quintessa
[name_f]Rhonwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Ananda[/name_f] (a name I found when researching Andalyn)
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
(@EJpuddlejumper I can’t use Morianne, but I love it!! Made-up names are so great!)

What are your favorites? And what are your favorite nicknames for them?

I’ve thought over this list more and done some digging and searching, and now this is my list:

[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]/Elzpeth “[name_f]Els[/name_f]”/“Elz”
[name_f]Clemence[/name_f] “Ensa”
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] “[name_f]Ona[/name_f]”

Let me know your favorite! (Editor’s note: If I go with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], it will be said by this character that she thinks it’s “an old lady’s name” and “old fashioned”, which is why she insists on being called [name_f]Ona[/name_f]. So, don’t not pick that one because it doesn’t sound like a dystopian name, because I do have a plan for it.)

[name_f]Clemence[/name_f]. Beatiful and super cool :sunglasses: (yes every time I say a name is cool I have to put this face) !

1 Like

Thank you for your input!! :blush: And I agree! I had never heard [name_f]Clemence[/name_f] before, but it’s so good!! (Btw, I love the cool-name face! :sunglasses:)