Protected Children- part II

Hello, beautiful people! As you were warned, I am back with part II. I initially had all of this on one post but decided it was too long with too many characters and I feared people would go insane trying to read my rambling. So here’s the second edition.

I included a synopsis of the story in the previous post so if you’re curious, you can check that out. For now, I’ll just say that this story takes place in the US in 2024 and the characters here were born around 2008.

Update from my last post, I have tentatively decided on [name_f]Emersyn[/name_f] and [name_u]Chase[/name_u] for MCs 1 and 2. They are by no means set in stone but I’m going to try them out for the next couple days to see if they stick.

For these characters, I have some name options and I’d be excited to hear your favorites or your thoughts. However, I’m less sold on these ideas so if you have any suggestions, I’d really appreciate those too.

MC3 and MC4
Brief description: Forgive me, these characters are twins so I’m grouping them together so this doesn’t get too long. They’ve been friends with MC2 (the self-proclaimed leader) for 18 months since discovering they’re Protected Children. They live with their grandparents who are old and in the dark about the whole situation.
Personalities: The girl is outgoing, a bit impulsive, and sometimes lacks a filter on her mouth (their circumstances have increased this behavior). She enjoys fashion and makeup, and would probably be a big TikTok user (if TikTok is still relevant in 2024 lol). The boy is often the one holding his sister’s arm, telling her that what she’s about to do is stupid. He is quite book smart while she has more street smarts. The girl is older and will occasionally bring it up when they argue (they bicker quite often).
Looks: Both (obviously) age 16. They have tan skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes. The girl’s hair is long, falling close to her waist, while her brother’s is short and styled (think [name_u]Niall[/name_u] Horan but with black hair). They both look younger than they are (baby-faced).
For their names: I want them to start with the same letter but not look/sound too similar, and be more uncommon. Maybe mythological or literature based? This is the one I might need suggestions for but some ideas I’m considering:

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] (also like [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f])
[name_m]Rainer[/name_m] and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] (also like [name_u]Rudy[/name_u] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] for the boy, and [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] for the girl)
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_f]Summer[/name_f] (also like [name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_f]Samara[/name_f], [name_f]Sarai[/name_f], and [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] for the girl, and [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] for the boy)
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (also like [name_f]Gianna[/name_f], [name_f]Geneva[/name_f], and maybe [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f])

Thank you so much for the help you guys have given me so far!

Thank you, [name_f]Elena[/name_f]! You’ve been so helpful :slight_smile:

[name_m]Rainer[/name_m] and [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] are two of my favorites for the boy. If I go with [name_m]Rainer[/name_m], I’d probably choose [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] for his sister. [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] and [name_f]Remember[/name_f]/[name_u]Remy[/name_u] are cool but I’m not sure they’re right for this story.

Giving this a little bump because I think I’ve found a couple ideas and I need some thoughts!

For the girl twin, I’m between [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Luciana[/name_f]. Both are literary and uncommon. With [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], I like that it has a classic feel and I like the idea of her having an older name. On the other hand, [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] is Italian, which is perfect because the MC of the bigger story ([name_f]Amara[/name_f]) is from a very Italian family. I think it would be cool (but not necessary) if it’s revealed that the twins are related to her, probably through [name_f]Amara[/name_f]’s grandma. Downside for [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] is that I worry it’s too frilly. Wdyt? Should I go with the family connection or the name checks all the boxes?

For the boy twin, I’m between [name_m]Langdon[/name_m] and [name_m]Langston[/name_m]. They’re both very similar, I know. I like that [name_m]Langston[/name_m] has the literary connection but I’m worried all the consonants in a row sound too harsh for the character. I don’t know if [name_m]Langdon[/name_m] is literary (it’s not a must, just a style I used for inspiration) but I think it solves the consonant problem. I’m not liking any Italian names for him but I don’t care much if the names are mismatched a little stylistically. If they are part of [name_f]Amara[/name_f]’s family, I know the twins would not be 100% Italian, but enough that honoring their Italian side would make sense.

Thanks for all the help!!