Prudence? Is the world ready for a little Pru?

I keep trawling the internet for baby girl names using key words like ‘chic’, ‘elegant’, ‘pretty’ and ‘uncommon’ to filter my searches!

I just love Prudence nn Prue/Pru and can’t get it out of my head!

She’d be Prudence Ines (surname Nichols) to be exact! Living in England, UK.

Thoughts? Grandparents were horrified ”

I have absolutely loved [name_f]Pru[/name_f] since I read a book with a character by that name as a child. I think [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is gorgeous, but no, unfortunately, I wouldn’t have to the courage to use it on a daughter. Another name that I love almost as much is [name_u]Rue[/name_u]. That might be a little easier to wear due to the multiple meanings, but I would probably only use it in the middle.

This is one definite guilty pleasure of mine. I always thought the sounds themselves weren’t that bad. Like…[name_u]Rue[/name_u] or [name_u]True[/name_u] means [name_f]Cadence[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Pru[/name_f] is adorable. The only problem is the prude part

I adore [name_f]Pru[/name_f], and [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is a lovely combo. I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] myself. If you’re worried about putting it upfront, why not flip the combo ([name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] nn [name_f]Pru[/name_f]?) or put [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] in the middle spot of another combo?

The world is definitely ready for a little [name_f]Pru/name_f! [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] is very sweet, and yes — elegant in a mature, understated way.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Ines[/name_f], and so [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] [name_f]Ines[/name_f] gets a definite thumbs up from me. I also like [name_f]Constance[/name_f], [name_f]Patience[/name_f], [name_f]Temperance[/name_f], etc. (especially the latter, with nickname [name_f]Tempe[/name_f]!)

Not a fan myself.

But in Aus its associated with a particular type of snobby character from a comedy series. (Doesn’t help that I also know a young [name_f]Prue[/name_f] personally just like that!)

If you like it, ignore the grandparents’ reaction.

Oh yes. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] and so pretty. It has a very regal, kind air to it.