Put in your two cents!

Here is a list of girls names I have been compiling. Opinions?

[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Ezri[/name]
[name]Suri[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name]
[name]Jovi[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Emory[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]

[name]Avery[/name] - I personally love this on a girl! I know it is unisex technically, but the Av- sound is just feminine for some reason!

[name]Ezri[/name] - reminds me of [name]Ezra[/name] which is a boy’s name for me

[name]Suri[/name] - I do think of [name]Suri[/name] [name]Cruise[/name], but the name is still quite cute

[name]Monroe[/name] - too much of a boy’s name for me. I do like [name]Marlowe[/name] (emphasis on the [name]MAR[/name]) on a girl though

[name]Jovi[/name] - it sounds so jovial, haha. Okay, bad pun. It could get stuck sounding childish, is there a full name for this because I have heard it before and I like it!

[name]Juno[/name] - I do associate it with the movie as well as the usually-jealous goddess ([name]Juno[/name] is the [name]Roman[/name] name for [name]Hera[/name]… if you didn’t know, though you probably do), but it is a pretty name

[name]Adele[/name] - I prefer [name]Adeline[/name] (I say [name]AH[/name]-duh-lyn with the a as in cat) and [name]Adelaide[/name], but [name]Adele[/name] is very pretty and classic so you really can’t go wrong

[name]Lucy[/name] - I love [name]Lucy[/name]… seriously! This name is great. I struggled with deciding whether to use a full name or not. I like [name]Lucienne[/name] (loo-see-EN), but I’m not sure if it is a legitimate name

[name]Hazel[/name] - I’ve always had a little bit of an issue with this name for some reason I couldn’t pinpoint. Then I met a dog named [name]Hazel[/name] and realized that I just couldn’t see the name on a person. I have a dog named [name]Ruby[/name], but I can still imagine it on a human which I can’t find myself able to do with [name]Hazel[/name]…

[name]Emory[/name] - this is a boy’s name through and through. There are so many amazing [name]Em[/name]- names for girls: [name]Emmeline[/name] (I say EH-muh-leen), [name]Emily[/name], [name]Emilia[/name] (eh-MEE-lee-uh), [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emiliana[/name] (eh-mee-lee-[name]AH[/name]-nuh; a as in car). I just don’t see why one cannot name a girl with one of those [name]Em[/name]- names instead of using [name]Emory[/name] or the ever-popular [name]Emerson[/name]; simply my opinion though

[name]Finley[/name] - I see pretty much all [name]Fin[/name]-/[name]Finn[/name]- names as masculine, just my personal preference

For girls: I love [name]Avery[/name], [name]Adele[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name] (as well as [name]Lucienne[/name]). I also like [name]Marlowe[/name] instead of [name]Monroe[/name] if you are willing to entertain that

I like [name]Finley[/name], [name]Emory[/name], and [name]Monroe[/name] on boys as well as [name]Ezra[/name] if you are willing to entertain that for a boy :slight_smile:

[name]Avery[/name] - Prefer this on a boy.
[name]Ezri[/name] - Hmm… don’t really like it.
[name]Suri[/name] - I think this is too tied to [name]Tom[/name] [name]Cruise[/name] and [name]Katie[/name] [name]Holmes[/name]'s daughter. And with their divorce, she’s getting a lot more attention right now.
[name]Monroe[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like.
[name]Jovi[/name] - Maybe as a nn for something? Not sure what though.
[name]Juno[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like it. Reminds me of the movie.
[name]Adele[/name] - Pretty.
[name]Lucy[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Hazel[/name] - Really love!
[name]Emory[/name] - Reminds me of the thing you file your nails with.
[name]Finley[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like, too masculine for me. Prefer on a boy.

[name]Avery[/name]: something about [name]Avery[/name] has never struck my quite right, but I can still see the appeal.

[name]Ezri[/name]: love [name]Ezri[/name]. It’s on our list and is periodically at the top.

[name]Suri[/name]: I adore [name]Suri[/name]. I don’t think people will care much about the TomKat connection in the long run, and a little [name]Suri[/name] will likely never be aware of it at all. That said, for now at least, most people’s ONLY association is with [name]Suri[/name] [name]Cruise[/name].

[name]Monroe[/name]: though it’s not my style, [name]Monroe[/name] is a very fun spunky name.

[name]Jovi[/name]: I know precisely where you got this, I think :wink: cute cute, but it does sound more like a nickname. [name]Jovie[/name] makes it feel a bit more complete, though obviously pronunciation is identical.

[name]Juno[/name]: love. I wouldn’t have the cajones to use it myself, but the association with the character is fantastic.

[name]Adele[/name]: I have variations of this on my list. I worry that this iteration is poised to jump due to the singer.

[name]Lucy[/name]: fantastic choice. I think [name]Lucy[/name] is such a happy, likable name.

[name]Hazel[/name]: super cute. Not my personal style, but it’s very likable. Grandma-chic.

[name]Emory[/name]: I feel the same about [name]Emory[/name] as [name]Avery[/name]. Also, my first association is emery board.

[name]Finley[/name]: too masculine, [name]IMO[/name]

I love [name]Adele[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name]!
Ermmmm… and not the others, sorry. Most are too boyish and/or trendy for me.

The majority are way too masculine / trendy - [name]Juno[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Adele[/name] are all nice.

i prefer [name]Adele[/name] or [name]Lucy[/name]

My favorites are [name]Avery[/name], [name]Monroe[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name].

My favorites are [name]Avery[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], and [name]Adele[/name] (in that order).

[name]Monroe[/name], [name]Finley[/name] & [name]Adele[/name] are my favorites off your list. I think you lean closer towards unisex names. [name]Monroe[/name], [name]Finley[/name], [name]Avery[/name], [name]Jovi[/name] & maybe even [name]Emory[/name] can be used as names for either gender…

I find your choice of names interesting. Good luck!

I love [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Juno[/name]'s nice, [name]Emory[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Avery[/name], [name]Monroe[/name], and [name]Finley[/name] are alright, but I don’t really like [name]Ezri[/name], [name]Suri[/name], or [name]Jovi[/name].

I prefer the [name]Emery[/name] spelling because it looks more feminine to me.
I like [name]Monroe[/name] as a middle name. [name]Finley[/name] is fun because even though it is a males name, I find it to sound very feminine (along with emery). I like them paired with either a virtue name or a flowery name like [name]Emery[/name] [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Finley[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I like [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Ezri[/name]. I feel that [name]Lucy[/name], hazel, and other vintage names tend to be hipster names that are going crazy in popularity right now. [name]Ezri[/name] is VERY unique and like a feminine version of [name]Ezra[/name]!

[name]Avery[/name] - no thanks
[name]Ezri[/name] - sounds too boyish/too much like [name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Suri[/name] - too soon to separate from [name]Suri[/name] [name]Cruise[/name], maybe in ten years
[name]Monroe[/name] - okay, not great
[name]Jovi[/name] - very cute
[name]Juno[/name] - love
[name]Adele[/name] - pretty
[name]Lucy[/name] - very cute
[name]Hazel[/name] - I’ve always liked this a lot
[name]Emory[/name] - no thanks
[name]Finley[/name] - also no thanks

[name]Avery[/name]-Okay, seems a bit trendy
[name]Ezri[/name]-Dont like this at all
[name]Suri[/name]-Too TomKat
[name]Monroe[/name]-Too [name]Mariah[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Jovi[/name]-Too Bon [name]Jovi[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]-I like this, but it does remind me of the movie
[name]Adele[/name]-This is really pretty!
[name]Lucy[/name]-[name]Love[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]-So cute
[name]Emory[/name]-Not a fan
[name]Finley[/name]-A little boyish for me

My faves are:

1. [name]Adele[/name]
  2. [name]Lucy[/name]
  3. [name]Hazel[/name]

Personally, I think alot of these names are too celeb/trendy/boyish for me.

[name]Avery[/name]- think it is a cute name and like anything to do with [name]Charlotte[/name]'s [name]Web[/name] (The family’s last name was [name]Avery[/name])

[name]Ezri[/name]- interesting, not sure how I feel about it

[name]Suri[/name]- would NEVER use it because of TomKat baby

[name]Monroe[/name]- the sound of it is ok, but it’s like you’re hoping that by naming your baby [name]Monroe[/name] you’re hoping she will turn out like [name]Marilyn[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]…or look like her…or something…too weird for me.

[name]Jovi[/name] - cute, though I do know it’s the name of [name]Zoe[/name] Deschanel’s character in Elf. I actually really like this.

[name]Juno[/name]- wouldn’t use it because of the movie.

[name]Adele[/name]- very pretty but sure to jump in popularity soon because of singer

[name]Lucy[/name]- very cute but too popular for me.

[name]Hazel[/name]- I love this name but would never use it, again it is becoming too popular for my taste

[name]Emory[/name]- remind me of emory board…like for filing your nails…not sure if it’s the same spelling but that’s what i think of

[name]Finley[/name]- cute, but a little boyish for my taste.

[name]Just[/name] giving you my gut reaction to each of these. I don’t really dislike any of them and I’m sure they would be cute on an actual baby!

My favorites are [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Emery[/name].