Put your faves in order

Okay, I’ve had so much help from you fellow berries already! Been changing my mind (daily!) on a middle name for our daughter due in about 6 weeks and have gotten great feedback on my many posts already. I’m narrowing it down and would love you to put this list in order of favorite to least favorite. I go between wanting something shorter for a 2-1-3 syllable pattern, but lately I’ve been liking the longer, more romantic sounding names and can’t decide! Open to suggestions if you think of something else.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]

(We love [name_f]Odette[/name_f] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f] because we have been getting really into [name_m]French[/name_m] names. [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and [name_f]Leona[/name_f] sound so pretty to say. [name_u]Winter[/name_u] seems to flow really nicely and even though it seems popular on NB I’ve never actually heard it, which I like. [name_u]Lane[/name_u] has been a favorite of ours for a while, and floats to the top of my list when I feel like I want to keep it simple. [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is something we’ve come back to several times and I love it, but I always find a reason to keep thinking of a new name. I think maybe the flow is off with our last name. [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] is a new one that I think sounds pretty and earthy. [name_u]Drew[/name_u] is my husband’s first name and I’ve always liked [name_u]Drew[/name_u] for a girl. He’s the sweetest, and I know our girl will probably be crazy about him, so I think it could be really sweet for her to have his name as her middle!)

Last name starts with P and is three syllables if that helps. Thanks!

Ok, so here’s my tuppence worth…

1. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] - my favourite

2. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] - [name_f]Odette[/name_f] as a stand alone isn’t my favourite of the remaining MNs but it flows so well it has to take #2

3. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] - I think an “L” name goes nicely with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and although I prefer the names [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Leona[/name_f], one syllable [name_u]Lane[/name_u] flows better

4. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and I think I would put it above [name_u]Lane[/name_u] if your surname has one syllable?

5. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] - Again, enjoy the L, but not a fan of [name_f]Leona[/name_f], have you considered [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]?

6. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - enjoy the one syllable, but not keen at all on [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] as a name

7. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] - not keen

8. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - not keen

9. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] - despite [name_u]Drew[/name_u] Barrymore, this is just too masculine a name for me personally

Sorry, I’ve probably gone into too much detail on my thoughts, just thought it would be good to explain my reasoning!

Another suggestion just in case it’s not come up before…

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]?

E x

My favourites in this order:

1. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] - love both and beautiful together, great romantic quality
  2. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] - [name_f]Odette[/name_f] has a lot of presence
  3. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is gorgeous and evocative and would be higher if it flowed a little better
  4. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - really attractive
  5. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] - love that it’s your husband’s name and works with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

While [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is my clear first choice I’m not so clear on the order of the other 4 as I like different things about them all. Not so keen on the others.

I like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]. The others, not so much.

First of all, I love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and you have some great combos here!

1. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] – I love [name_f]Odette[/name_f], it is a beautiful name, and they flow so well together.
  2. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] – I really like them together.
  3. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] – I think its sweet to use your husband’s name. I also think it works well with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], which I see as a very feminine name.
  4. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] – Very unique, for some reason it sounds like a literary character. The more I see it the more I like it!
  5. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] – They go very nice together.
  6. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] – Although I love [name_f]Leona[/name_f], I don’t like them together.
  7. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] – Prefer [name_f]Odette[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] – Same with [name_f]Leona[/name_f], I don’t think they work together.
  9. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] – Not a huge fan of [name_f]Blythe[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps and good luck!

I really appreciate your feedback! [name_f]Colette[/name_f] and [name_f]Odette[/name_f] are really strong contenders. I love the way [name_f]Odette[/name_f] flows even though I slightly lean toward [name_f]Colette[/name_f] as a name. I’m kind of debating saving it for a first!

I keep finding myself going back and forth between [name_f]Odette[/name_f] and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] so I feel like we’re on the same page! [name_u]Drew[/name_u] would be so sweet and have such a good connection so I keep coming back to that one too. So hard to choose!

Thanks for the feedback. These two are super strong contenders!

Thank you! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it too :slight_smile: I agree about [name_f]Odette[/name_f]. I wasn’t super keen at first and it’s really growing on me. Flows so nicely. I’m actually really pleased that people seem to like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u], i think it’s so sweet! I think the most likely contenders right now are [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and [name_u]Drew[/name_u]. No idea how I’ll choose!

Ranked:
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] - this is perfection! for some reason I think these two names are just made to go together
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] - adorable and unexpected!
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - beautiful, love the double B sound actually
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - also very pretty, and more modern
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] - cute
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] - sweet but just doesn’t seem like the one
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] - not sure why, just don’t love [name_f]Colette[/name_f], but it works fine with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] - nah. a fine name but not to go with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] - same as above, they both take away from [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]'s cuteness

I don’t like the sound of [name_f]Leona[/name_f] or [name_f]Odette[/name_f] with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] at all. [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], [name_u]Lane[/name_u], and [name_u]Winter[/name_u] are all nice, but your comments make it seem like you’re not as in love with these options. They seem less meaningful, so if we’re narrowing down, I’d nix these options. Of the remaining:

1. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] - I just love the way this sounds, and the connection with her dad is very sweet.
  2. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - This continues to be one of my top contenders for you. The flow is a little off, but I love the imagery of the names together.
  3. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] - These names have the exact same vibe to me, but I prefer them as sisters than first and middle. Something about them is almost too similar in the same name.
  4. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] - [name_f]Colette[/name_f] is not my style, but it definitely sounds nice with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].
  1. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] - My favorite! It’s so beautiful and just rolls of the tongue. [name_f]Leona[/name_f] isn’t really a “favorite” of mine but it works so well as a middle name for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. Also, what about [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Liana[/name_f]?

2. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]: Sounds great together!!! They sound like two names made for each other.

3. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]: Very cute! Makes the whole name feel very [name_m]French[/name_m]-chic

4. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u]: [name_u]Lane[/name_u] is a perfect short, sweet middle name for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. Feels very sleek.

Others:

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]: I’m not keen on [name_f]Odette[/name_f] as a name at all, while I appreciate the [name_f]Swan[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] reference it is just not an attractive sounding name to me.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]: I’m not a fan of word names or super “naturey” names, and I think some of your other options flow better.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]: The double “b” doesn’t sound nice to me.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]: It’s okay, but you definitely have better combos.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]: The connection to her dads name is sweet, but I don’t love traditionally male names on girls. Again, I think you have other prettier combos.

1- [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]
4- [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
9- [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
5- [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
7- [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
2- [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u]
3- [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
6- [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
8- [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]

PP is slang for male genitalia so it’s best to find another name.

I’m actually just looking for advice on a middle name, not looking for thoughts on the initials or name I chose.

My favourites for you are [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Originally I picked [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] as the top choice, but everytime I say [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] I sing it to the tjne of [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] - and I just love that! I can see the benefits of naming her after her dad, too. I’m an honor name fan for middle names.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is a great choice!

I love: [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Colette[/name_f], and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]. They compliment [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] very well and make it an amazing name.

I like: [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. I love these names but they throw the sound of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] off a little.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_u]Lane[/name_u], and [name_u]Drew[/name_u] are not my style and I feel take away from the magic of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

All the combos sound good, but my favorite by far is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] - it flows well, it has meaning and I love the balance feminine/masculine!