Pythagoras

My initial reaction was “oh no” but for no good reason. Then it really started to grow on me and more and more over the the last couple of days. Now I really love it. I love the idea of [name_m]Pi[/name_m]/Pie/Py as a nickname too.

1 Like

in high school I had a really cool math teacher, and told us about the time he went on a double date with his wife and her two friends, and how absolutely floored he was to find out the other guy’s name was Rhombus. He said as a math nerd he couldn’t think about anything else for the rest of the night. Lol, that story always stuck with me- I almost always think it’s cool when people use unheard of names, even if I don’t like the name. even though I despise math with every ounce of my being, Pythagoras would indeed make a cool middle :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That was my initial reaction too when my SO mentioned it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely yes! Not the same name but I met someone with the name Aristotles (also a difficult one to pull off) and this was maybe 10 years ago. I can still remember his exact face to this moment just because of how memorable his name was. He only had that first name and no middle so no choice for him.

It’d be a great middle name :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Our little son is [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] [name_m]Elton[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is a science teacher and it started out as an outlandish joke, but now we love how his name fits him. We can also call him [name_m]Archie[/name_m] at will, so it worked out :blush: also, since 2013 I think there have been less than 40 [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] born in the US. On forums I’ve read about 1-3 more besides mine.

3 Likes

Middle names can be anything in my opinion. It’s personally not my style, but no one ever goes around saying their middle name so I think you should be fun and creative and true to your family interests!

2 Likes

As a middle spot? Honestly, go for it. It’s fun, unique, and different. And at first glance, it could totally be a real name.

1 Like

That would be a really cool middle.

That story about Rhombus is HYSTERICAL. Does he have a brother named Parallelogram? (nn [name_m]Gram[/name_m]? haha…)

1 Like

Archimedes [name_m]Elton[/name_m] is just perfect! We’re actually considering [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] for the other twin’s middle name.

1 Like

I think Pythagoras would be an awesome middle name. You could also consider [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] (which comes with the nickname [name_m]Archie[/name_m]).

2 Likes

It’s actually on my list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite memory of my grandfather is him teaching me and my cousins when we were 6-8 years old Pythagoras’s theorem.

I have [name_m]Thor[/name_m], Py, and Azzy as potential nicknames.

1 Like

Love it! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t wait to hear what you decide.

1 Like

It’s not for me. I find it a bit odd. But I guess it can be good to be different!

2 Likes