QUADRUPLETS

Hello everyone. I’ve been reading on this site for several months, and I’ve finally decided to post about my dilemma. We’ve been TTC for a very long time now, and after a little help it worked. Probably a little too well because it’s quadruplets. ALL boys at that. I’m going to be so out numbered in a few months. Anyway, we have four little boys to name, but my husband is a pain in the butt. He insists on them all having a one syllable (nick)name. (I’ve been trying to get him to agree to long forms on the certificates for those that apply.) Well anyway, as you can imagine it’s incredibly hard to pick four names given the one syllable restriction he insists on. Here’s the list of names neither of us hate. Although there are several below I would still love to see go lol. Basically I’d like to hear everyone’s opinions on the names, and feel free to mention any sets that pop out at you! I’m hoping this will help me convince him to nix some of them I’m less that crazy about!

[name]Edit[/name]: Thanks everyone for the help so far, but I decided to put my foot down an cut the following: [name]Abe[/name], [name]Cole[/name], [name]Fred[/name], [name]George[/name], [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Jake[/name], [name]Phil[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Rex[/name], [name]Scout[/name], [name]Sloan[/name], [name]Tate[/name]. It’s little more manageable now!

Also, we’ve (really me) been trying to avoid the super obvious options like [name]Ben[/name], [name]Sam[/name], [name]Will[/name], [name]Zach[/name], ect. They’re nice names, but I’d like to have stuff a little less used.

UPDATE: First thanks for all the opinions so far, but I’m mostly interested in opinions on the names I have listed, and not suggestions, although their are many great names out there.

My husband said I can pick three names off the list if we use [name]Jack[/name] for one of the names. It’s been his favorite all along, and while it wouldn’t be in my top four, i like it pretty well, so [name]Jack[/name] will be in. The other names I’m really liking, and my reasons for doing so are:
[name]Beau[/name] - Something about this name really gets me. It means handsome and it also feels super handsome. I think it would be great on an adult man, and adorable on a little boy.
[name]Clyde[/name] - A family name that I’ve recently realize I have a lot of affection for. It feels so unexpected and surprising to use now, but its still very familiar, and I think it’s been out long enough it could be a hot choice soon. I love the way it sounds.
[name]Frank[/name] - I really like [name]Frank[/name], but I think I like [name]Hank[/name] better and I wouldn’t use both.
[name]Gene[/name] - My grandpa’s name. I’d love to honor him, but like [name]Clyde[/name], I really love the name, not just the connection. Also feels unexpected but familiar. I think it’d be really handsome on a boy of any age. But is it too matchy with [name]Jack[/name]?
[name]Gus[/name] - I like [name]Gus[/name], and I would use it, but it doesn’t make me gush about it that way some other names do.
[name]Hank[/name] - I love [name]Hank[/name] so much I can’t really describe it. This is probably my top pick.
[name]Ike[/name] - I love the vintage feel of this. Has that vintage feel, but I think it still has the brisk and entergetic feel of say [name]Max[/name].
[name]Kit[/name] - I love this on a man. Also has that vintage feel and a lot of good namesakes. [name]Kit[/name] [name]Marlowe[/name] for example. A lot fresher than [name]Chris[/name], and has great history.
[name]Luke[/name] - Handsome, but also pretty common. I like it, but it doesn’t make me really excited.
[name]Nate[/name] - Might be my obsession with Six Feet Under, but I really like [name]Nate[/name]. I feel it might be a little too popular, and too widely used to match with a set though.
[name]Ted[/name] - I prefer it to [name]Tim[/name], so that’s why [name]Tim[/name] is gone. I love [name]Teddy[/name] as a nickname, and I think [name]Ted[/name] is very down to earth, but still very distinguished.

From your list, I like

[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Nate[/name] (if short for [name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]Nathan[/name])

My fave 1 syllable nicknames from longer names are:
[name]Ben[/name] ([name]Benjamin[/name] or [name]Bennett[/name]), [name]Will[/name] ([name]William[/name]), [name]Sam[/name] ([name]Samuel[/name]), [name]Nate[/name] ([name]Nathaniel[/name]), [name]Cam[/name] ([name]Cameron[/name]) [name]Zack[/name] ([name]Zachary[/name]), [name]Max[/name] ([name]Maxwell[/name]), [name]Wes[/name] ([name]Wesley[/name]). [name]Joe[/name] ([name]Joseph[/name]), [name]Matt[/name] ([name]Matthew[/name]), [name]Nick[/name] ([name]Nicholas[/name])

As for 1 syllable"full names" I like:
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]John[/name]
[name]Keane[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]

Congrats on the quads! My sister has 3 young boys. I cant even imagine four! Sorry, I’m sure I’m not helping :stuck_out_tongue:

So only 1 syllable? That makes it tough but I think there are a lot of great one syllable boys names that are not too nick-namey. Another lady a while back was expecting quads, 2 boys and 2 girls, and wanted to name them all with 1 syllable names. I think they ended up with [name]Dean[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] for the boys. [name]Both[/name] are strong classics that dont sound informal.

Off your list I like:
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Frank[/name]

Ones I would like if they were nns:
[name]Abe[/name]
[name]Fred[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]
[name]Hank[/name]
[name]Ike[/name]
[name]Nate[/name]
[name]Ted[/name]
[name]Tim[/name]
[name]Jake[/name]
[name]Phil[/name]

What about giving two boys longer names with one syllable nns and two boys one syllable given names? That way you each get some of what you want.

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Cole[/name], [name]August[/name] “[name]Gus[/name]”, and [name]Henry[/name] “[name]Hank[/name]”
[name]George[/name], [name]Frank[/name], [name]Abraham[/name] “[name]Abe[/name]” and [name]Isaac[/name] “[name]Ike[/name]”
[name]Luke[/name], [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Timothy[/name] “[name]Tim[/name]”, and and [name]Nathan[/name] “[name]Nate[/name]”

Others one syllable names you might like:
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Kurt[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Kane[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Dax[/name]

Others with one syllable nns:
[name]Samuel[/name] “[name]Sam[/name]”
[name]Peter[/name] “[name]Pete[/name]”
[name]Vincent[/name] “[name]Vince[/name]”
[name]Joseph[/name] “[name]Joe[/name]”
[name]Nicholas[/name] “[name]Nick[/name]”
[name]William[/name] “[name]Will[/name]”
[name]Wesley[/name]/[name]Weston[/name] “[name]Wes[/name]”

[name]Hope[/name] that helps and good luck!

I personally love [name]Cole[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Nate[/name] & [name]Rhys[/name] together.

[name]Love[/name]: [name]Tim[/name], [name]Ted[/name], [name]Nate[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Kit[/name], [name]Ike[/name], [name]Hank[/name], [name]Gus[/name], [name]Frank[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], [name]Beau[/name]
Like: [name]Zeke[/name], [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Ray[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Gene[/name], [name]George[/name], [name]Fred[/name], [name]Abe[/name]
Dislike: [name]Tate[/name], [name]Sloan[/name], [name]Scout[/name], [name]Rex[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Phil[/name], [name]Paul[/name], [name]Jake[/name], [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Cole[/name]

Some set ideas:
[name]Clyde[/name], [name]Beau[/name], [name]Jack[/name], and [name]Ray[/name] (Vintage)
[name]Ted[/name], [name]Nate[/name], [name]George[/name], [name]Luke[/name] (Classics)
[name]Sloan[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Tate[/name], [name]Cole[/name] (Surname-ish)
[name]Hank[/name], [name]Ike[/name], [name]Gene[/name], [name]Kit[/name] (Very Vintage)
[name]Gus[/name], [name]Phil[/name], [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Tim[/name] (Classic/Vintage)
[name]Nate[/name], [name]Zeke[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Cole[/name] ([name]Mainstream[/name])
[name]Scout[/name], [name]Rex[/name], [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Abe[/name] (Offbeat)

OMg Quads!! I think thats super awesome! Id like to have quads someday myself but yeah, i cant decide that.

As for names, the ones i like are ‘vetoed’ out: [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Cole[/name], [name]Finn[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Fred[/name], [name]George[/name] (if I ever have male twins theyre going to be [name]Frederick[/name] “[name]Fred[/name]” and [name]George[/name]!)

congrats!! wow!!

I actually like the one syllable idea since there are four of them (easier to call them all at once, right?). I would pick…

[name]Jack[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] for sure (in fact, I have an aunt w/ four boys named [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Justin[/name], & [name]Jeremiah[/name])

and then add…

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Shane[/name], & [name]Ben[/name] (I know [name]Ben[/name] is popular but since you’re having four at least one of the names could be popular, right?)

more specifically…

[name]Jackson[/name] [name]Grant[/name] (I think [name]Grant[/name] would be a fantastic first name also)
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Brady[/name]
[name]Shane[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]

Good luck! I can’t wait to hear which names you choose :slight_smile:

FANTASTIC news…how exciting.

Boys names are tricky though.

The only name I don’t like on your list is [name]Jack[/name]. And the only reason for that is because it’s the most popular name here in Australia along with [name]Max[/name] and has been for over 10 years. It’s also no 1 in the UK for ever as well. I know 23 little [name]Jack[/name]'s and 15 [name]Max[/name]'s! Not too sure about the name trends in the USA.

HOWEVER, I do love [name]Jake[/name] as an alternative.

All of you names are great though. I think I understand why your hubby like’s one syllable names. It’s because they are strong and make a statement. It could be worse, he could want one syllable names AND for them to all start with the same letter!! :shock:

Congrats and good luck on picking names! Keep us posted.

Of your names, here are a few sets that could work:
[name]Gene[/name], [name]Nate[/name], [name]Luke[/name], and [name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Beau[/name], [name]Frank[/name], [name]Paul[/name], [name]Nate[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Gene[/name], [name]Ray[/name], [name]Tim[/name]
[name]Gus[/name], [name]Beau[/name], [name]Hank[/name], [name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Gene[/name], [name]Ike[/name], [name]Ted[/name], [name]Rhys[/name]

[name]Beau[/name] - kinda cool, something you don’t hear alot. It has a different feel than alot of the other names on your list though, so it is hard to put into a set/
[name]Clyde[/name] - not really my style. It sounds a bit old, but works with [name]Beau[/name] in my opinion.
[name]Frank[/name] - [name]Frank[/name]'s a solid choice
[name]Gene[/name] - I like this! it’s a bit quirky, but very smart sounding too
[name]Gus[/name] - Alot of nameberrites like [name]Gus[/name], but I’m not a huge fan.
[name]Hank[/name] - I like this on it’s own and as a nn for [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Ike[/name] - I like [name]Ike[/name]! it feels a little quirky like [name]Gene[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] - another solid choice
[name]Kit[/name] - feels a bit girly to me
[name]Luke[/name] -can’t go wrong w/ luke in my opinion
[name]Nate[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] nate!
[name]Paul[/name] - love [name]Paul[/name] too
[name]Ray[/name] - a good choice
[name]Rhys[/name] - not my style, but it works with some of the other names on your list
[name]Ted[/name] - I like this. It also has a bit of a quirky feel (and I love quirky, so don’t take any offense to that by any means!)
[name]Tim[/name] - another great name- would be a great choice
[name]Zeke[/name] - this is cool and unique

Other one-syllables names that you might like:
[name]Jim[/name] - [name]Jay[/name] - [name]Jude[/name] - [name]Jax[/name] - [name]Jett[/name] - [name]Joel[/name]
[name]Cal[/name] - [name]Chance[/name] - [name]Chris[/name] - [name]Chad[/name] - [name]Colt[/name] -[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Doug[/name] - [name]Dane[/name] - [name]Dwight[/name] - [name]Dean[/name] - [name]Drake[/name] - [name]Drew[/name]
[name]Rob[/name] - [name]Ralph[/name] - [name]Rolf[/name] - [name]Rafe[/name] - [name]Ried[/name]/[name]Reed[/name] - [name]Rhett[/name] - [name]Rick[/name] - [name]Ross[/name] - [name]Roy[/name] - [name]Russ[/name] - [name]Roy[/name]
[name]Brett[/name]- [name]Bryce[/name] - [name]Brock[/name] - [name]Brent[/name] - [name]Bruce[/name] -
[name]Gage[/name] [name]Grant[/name]
[name]Lance[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] - [name]Seth[/name] - [name]Shane[/name] - [name]Sean[/name]/[name]Shawn[/name] - [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Trent[/name] - [name]Trey[/name] - [name]Troy[/name] - [name]Ty[/name] - [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

If I had to name quad boys w/ one syllable names, I’d name them;
[name]Nate[/name], [name]Cole[/name], [name]Russ[/name], and [name]Gene[/name]

Ohh my goodness, congrats on the quads hun ! [name]How[/name] exciting.

I personally love [name]Jack[/name]! I think it is handsome, classic, and ages so perfectly.

Are you trying to come up with longer versions of these names?

My favorite sets (in order) would be:

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Gus[/name] ([name]August[/name]), [name]Hank[/name] ([name]Henry[/name]), [name]Ted[/name] ([name]Theodore[/name]). In this set, [name]Jack[/name] might work nicely as a NN for [name]John[/name] or [name]Jackson[/name].

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Ike[/name] ([name]Issac[/name]), [name]Kit[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Hank[/name] - any four of these would work so well together with the strong K.

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Beau[/name], [name]Frank[/name], [name]Clyde[/name]

[name]Beau[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], [name]Frank[/name]: strong enough to stand on their own
[name]Gene[/name]: far too close to [name]Jack[/name], sorry. Middle name possibility?
[name]Gus[/name] - love this! Adorable. [name]August[/name] is so handsome, and [name]Gus[/name] ages it so well.
[name]Hank[/name]: [name]Henry[/name], [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Ike[/name]: [name]Issac[/name], [name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Kit[/name]: I can’t think of a full name for this. [name]Kit[/name] is far to handsome to be a nn for boring old [name]Christopher[/name] :confused:
[name]Luke[/name]: could stand alone, which I prefer, or be [name]Lucas[/name]/[name]Lukas[/name]
[name]Nate[/name]: [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], very dated to me, this is my least favorite of all your names
[name]Ted[/name]: ADORABLE as a nn for [name]Theodore[/name], dislike as full name.

Thanks! and yes we’d used full names where they can be applied:
[name]Jack[/name] - Depending on what else we pick it maybe be only [name]Jack[/name] or a long form. Like if it’s [name]Hank[/name] ([name]Henry[/name]), [name]Beau[/name], [name]Kit[/name] ([name]Christopher[/name]), and [name]Jack[/name] I would probably just only use jack for the sake of evenness since two will be long names and two short. If I do use a long version it’ll be [name]Jonathan[/name], not [name]John[/name]. I like to think of [name]Jack[/name] as a variation on [name]John[/name], and not a nickname for it. It just seems redundant to me that way since [name]John[/name] is already one syllable.
[name]Beau[/name] - As is.
[name]Clyde[/name] - As is.
[name]Frank[/name] - I would pick [name]Franklin[/name] over [name]Francis[/name], but I also would possibly just use as is.
[name]Gene[/name] - [name]Eugene[/name]? Maybe just by itself though. I don’t feel the Eu- does anything good for it or makes it seem more substantial.
[name]Gus[/name] - [name]August[/name]/[name]Augustus[/name]/[name]Augusten[/name] I don’t care much either way. Might be [name]Angus[/name] if I use it.
[name]Hank[/name] - [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Ike[/name] - [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Kit[/name] - [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] - Probably just [name]Luke[/name]. I don’t care for [name]Lucas[/name].
[name]Nate[/name] - [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Ted[/name] - [name]Theodore[/name]

Quads! Wow, congratulations. I can’t even imagine picking 4 boys names all at once (8 really, because I’d have middles too)
It’s a pity about you DH only wanting one syllable names, since I think for quads a mix of syllables would make them seem less matchy. But anyway, here are my thoughts on your list.

[name]Beau[/name] - Honestly, I find this name very feminine. I always think of it meaning beautiful rather than handsome which is so much more girly. I’m not sure how well it would fit with some of your more obviously masculine choices.
[name]Clyde[/name] - I feel like I should find this name old-fashioned, dull or clunky, and yet… I actually quite like it. As a 1 syllable name that sounds full without being a nickname, it works very well. I also think [name]Clyde[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] sound really good together.
[name]Frank[/name] - I quite like [name]Frank[/name], although I have a hard time seeing it on a small boy or teen ([name]Frankie[/name] maybe) but on a grown man it’s fine.
[name]Gene[/name] - Goes well with [name]Clyde[/name], although I still think of it as a more female name. Sounds full on it’s own though, but [name]Gene[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] do sound quite matchy.
[name]Gus[/name] - I like it best as a short version of something. I think [name]Angus[/name] is my favourite and fits well with [name]Jack[/name].
[name]Hank[/name] - This is a very ‘American’ sounding name to me. I don’t like it by itslef, although as a short version of [name]Henry[/name] it could work and you seem to like it a lot.
[name]Ike[/name] - Definately sounds too much like a nickname to be used alone. It just doesn’t feel substantial enough. I’m not keen on the name [name]Issac[/name], but it would fit well with some of your other choices.
[name]Kit[/name] - Very, very feminine to me. I really don’t like it as a nn for [name]Christopher[/name] either. It just sounds forced and not like a natural nn for it.
[name]Luke[/name] - Very nice name. I like [name]Lucas[/name] or [name]Luca[/name] best, but I think this is nice too. Fits well with [name]Jack[/name].
[name]Nate[/name] - Sounds quite full on it’s own and goes well with [name]Jack[/name], although [name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]Nathan[/name] would work well too.
[name]Ted[/name] - I like it as a short version of [name]Theodore[/name] especially (although I prefer [name]Theo[/name]) but it’s ok by itself and suits your other choices. [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Ted[/name] work well together.

The only ones I have a real problem with are [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Beau[/name]. I just don’t think they fit as well with your other choices (and they’re just not for me, I guess).
A lot of your choices have a hard ‘Cuh’ sound to them, so I don’t think you’ll be able to use too many of them without them flowing together and sounding a little matchy.
[name]Clyde[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Hank[/name] and [name]Ted[/name] ([name]Clyde[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Jack[/name]) - My favourite I think
[name]Ted[/name], [name]Nate[/name], [name]Clyde[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] ([name]Theodore[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name])
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Ted[/name], [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Frank[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Ted[/name] and [name]Gus[/name] ([name]Clyde[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Angus[/name]) - Another favourite.

Congrats on the quads! I would go with –

[name]Hank[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Luke[/name], and [name]Nate[/name]
([name]Henry[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Luke[/name], and [name]Nathan[/name].)
BTW, [name]Jack[/name] is my favorite boy’s name…so classic and handsome!

[name]Jack[/name] is in out top 50, but [name]Jake[/name] is short for [name]Jacob[/name] which is our number one name. So in the US you’re going to meet a lot more Jakes then Jacks.

Congrats on the quads! You’re going to be real busy soon, but it’ll be so worth it, I’m sure. Opinions on what you have left:
[name]Beau[/name] - I really like [name]Beau[/name]. It was on my long list for boys. But I feel like it’s the odd one out with the rest of your names.
[name]Clyde[/name] - Cute, and a bit of an out there choice. I think it could work very well. Or even as a middle since it’s a family name.
[name]Frank[/name] - I think [name]Frank[/name] is nice too, but I agree [name]Hank[/name] is better, and you can’t use both.
[name]Gene[/name] - I like this too. Definitely something so out it could be in again, but [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Gene[/name] are kind of matchy unfortunately. If you have to use [name]Jack[/name], then I think it’ll have to go.
[name]Gus[/name] - I think [name]Gus[/name] is super cute too.
[name]Hank[/name] - I love [name]Hank[/name]! I might be having a [name]Henry[/name] soon, and if it’s two boys he’ll probably be a [name]Hank[/name].
[name]Ike[/name] - [name]Kinda[/name] took me off guard at first. But after thiking about it a little, I think it’s a good possibility.
[name]Kit[/name] - A very handsome and vintage nickname.
[name]Luke[/name] - Nice name, but a little boring with some of the above.
[name]Nate[/name] - Same feelings as [name]Luke[/name]
[name]Ted[/name] - [name]Theodore[/name]/[name]Ted[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name] is my other top boys name!

So I would remove [name]Beau[/name], [name]Frank[/name], [name]Gene[/name], [name]Luke[/name], and [name]Nate[/name].

And assuming [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Hank[/name] are both in, I like:
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Hank[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Ike[/name] (If the K sounds don’t bother you. I kind of like it, it’s a subtle connection to me.)
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], [name]Hank[/name], and [name]Ted[/name] (If you are afraid of the K’s)

Super congrats on the bebes!

Assuming [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Hank[/name] are in, I’d go:
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Hank[/name], [name]Luke[/name], and [name]Ike[/name] - if you like all the k’s (I do!)
or
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Hank[/name], [name]Beau[/name], and [name]Nate[/name] - if you’d prefer a bit less k action (they all still have a’s though!)

Good luck!

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Kit[/name], [name]Gus[/name], and [name]Beau[/name] get my votes (:

Wow…Congratulations! I hope you have an easy, stress free, pregnancy and get lots of rest before your world is tipped on its head with the arrival of your lovely boys :slight_smile:

You have a great list of names. My favourite combos are:

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Ted[/name], [name]Gus[/name] & [name]Nate[/name] ([name]Jack[/name], [name]Theo[/name], [name]Angus[/name] & [name]Nate[/name])

OR

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Ted[/name], [name]Gus[/name] & [name]Hank[/name] ([name]Jack[/name], [name]Theo[/name], [name]Angus[/name] & [name]Henry[/name])

With the name [name]Jack[/name] as is I think it would seem out of place to have [name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Augusten[/name] etc. in the sib set…[name]IMO[/name].

Good luck!!

[/quote]

Thanks! and yes we’d used full names where they can be applied:
[name]Jack[/name] - Depending on what else we pick it maybe be only [name]Jack[/name] or a long form. Like if it’s [name]Hank[/name] ([name]Henry[/name]), [name]Beau[/name], [name]Kit[/name] ([name]Christopher[/name]), and [name]Jack[/name] I would probably just only use jack for the sake of evenness since two will be long names and two short. If I do use a long version it’ll be [name]Jonathan[/name], not [name]John[/name]. I like to think of [name]Jack[/name] as a variation on [name]John[/name], and not a nickname for it. It just seems redundant to me that way since [name]John[/name] is already one syllable.
[name]Beau[/name] - As is.
[name]Clyde[/name] - As is.
[name]Frank[/name] - I would pick [name]Franklin[/name] over [name]Francis[/name], but I also would possibly just use as is.
[name]Gene[/name] - [name]Eugene[/name]? Maybe just by itself though. I don’t feel the Eu- does anything good for it or makes it seem more substantial.
[name]Gus[/name] - [name]August[/name]/[name]Augustus[/name]/[name]Augusten[/name] I don’t care much either way. Might be [name]Angus[/name] if I use it.
[name]Hank[/name] - [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Ike[/name] - [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Kit[/name] - [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] - Probably just [name]Luke[/name]. I don’t care for [name]Lucas[/name].
[name]Nate[/name] - [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Ted[/name] - [name]Theodore[/name][/quote]

Going off this I think some great combos would be:

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Hank[/name], [name]Gus[/name], and [name]Luke[/name] ([name]Jack[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]August[/name], and [name]Luke[/name])
[name]Ted[/name], [name]Ike[/name], [name]Nate[/name], and [name]Kit[/name] ([name]Theodore[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Christopher[/name])
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Beau[/name], [name]Luke[/name], and [name]Frank[/name]

First of all, congratulations! Your house will be full of handprints, frogs and [name]Star[/name] Wars guys, and frankly, it sounds like a blast!

I really like your list, particularly:
[name]Beau[/name] - so handsome (literally).
[name]Clyde[/name] -fun and cool and you never hear it.
[name]Hank[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this, we may hear it more with all the Henrys as of late (it’s #1 on our list, actually).
[name]Ike[/name] - I totally agree wtih you. I’d love to meet a little [name]Ike[/name].
[name]Gus[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]August[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name]. But it doesn’t seem to be your favorite.
[name]Ted[/name] - I love [name]Teddy[/name], too.

But I can only choose four (only four? ha!)
[name]Beau[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], [name]Ike[/name] and [name]Ted[/name]… or [name]Hank[/name]. No, [name]Ted[/name]. For some reason [name]Ike[/name] and [name]Hank[/name] sound more alike when I say it out loud.

Good luck to you!