Question About Forum

Sorry, I didn’t know where to ask this!

I’m new to the forum, and I’ve seen names colored pink and green. Actually, some names in my posts have turned out colored. Does this happen automatically/how do you make this happen?

A happy welcome to Nameberry!

When you post, the names in the Nameberry database will change color according to their Nameberry links. When they change color, then become click-able links to the Nameberry page for that name! So, when I type [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], it will turn pink. You can click on that pick name and it will take you to the website page on Nameberry for the name [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]! There, you can read about it’s origin, pronunciation, a brief description, similar names, etc! [name_f]Pink[/name_f] represents a feminine name, green a unisex name, and blue a masculine name.

xx

4 Likes

It does happen automatically!

2 Likes

@snowmaiden

Oh, I see! Thank you so much <3

1 Like

You’re so very welcome! See you around the forums! x

1 Like

The bot goes through to add the hyperlinks after about 5-10 minutes. The only catch is that if you edit your post during that time the links may not show up as expected.

There is also a way to alter the code yourself. That can be useful if you have edited and realise they didn’t show up (and you wanted them to) or if you’d like to specify an entry (masculine, feminine, unisex) and have it show up blue for a default pink name, for instance. However, I’m blanking on what the code alteration is… something like < blue > without the spaces…

1 Like

U for unisex, f for female, m for male

4 Likes