Question about honoring my sister Jennifer

I really love the name Guinevere or even spelled Gwenhwyfar. My sister’s name is Jennifer which is the Cornish form of Gwenhwyfar. Would the name Guinevere / Gwenhwyfar work since well it’s technically her name, lol. I even call her Guinevere on purpose sometimes it annoys her though so I don’t do it often. She dislikes her name cause it’s popular, but I think it’s pretty but it is overused so I thought why not use Guinevere. So WDYT? I’d be suing it as a middle name if I use Jennifer and first or middle if I used Guinevere.

for the record I’m not pregnant, but I was just mulling over the honoring idea for someday.

I’m not really a big fan of the name [name]Guinevere[/name], especially spelled Gwenhwyfar which I find extremely confusing, but I think if you like it, go for it, especially if you want to honor your sister.

I would ask your sister what she thinks. I know that if someone was naming a baby after me, then I would want my actual name used (but then, I really love my name). If your sister thinks it works, then I say go for it since [name]Guinevere[/name] is a legit form of [name]Jennifer[/name]. And definitely spell it [name]Guinevere[/name], the other way would just lead to a lifetime of mispronunciation/misspelling. If your sister doesn’t go for the [name]Guinevere[/name] idea, how about using her middle name instead? (or a variation there of) Or you could use [name]Jennifer[/name] but put it in the middle name spot.

I think [name]Guinevere[/name] is lovely, and the nickname [name]Gwyn[/name] is so cute (or Viry)! I would stick with the [name]Guinevere[/name] spelling (unless you live somewhere where Gwenhwyfar would be intuitive). I’m in the camp of baby namers who aren’t always in favor of using someone’s exact name to honor them–I find more subtle variations or references to be more fun and original than just using their name (especially if their name is a little dated or you aren’t in love with it).

Have you considered [name]Genevieve[/name]? When pronounced “[name]Jenna[/name]-veev”, it has that “[name]Jenn[/name]/[name]Jenna[/name]” sound in [name]Jennifer[/name], but looks and sounds extremely elegant and beautiful. Its one of my favorite names :slight_smile: [name]Just[/name] thought I’d throw it out there.

Best of luck,
[name]America[/name]

I would use my sister’s middle name but she hates that too! I like the idea of using [name]Jennifer[/name] as middle name…this my be silly, but I never actually thought of that since I always kept thinking of using [name]Guinevere[/name]. I think honestly she’d hate either name being used :/.

What about [name]Genevive[/name]? I do not like the spelling Gwenhwyfar at all. That is too confusing and just looks like a mispelled word!